Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Snow killing the lakes here. How about you?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It keeps snowing in Canton--been doing so for over 24 hours now.  All the snow over the last 10 days has taken a toll on the lakes around here I fish.  Deer Creek is inaccessable because of snow.  Dale Walborn in degrading fast.  With the snow from this last storm that may be it for the rest of the year unless we get a rain and a freeze.  So much slush and water trapped on the ice under the snow is eating our ice fast.  Be glad if you don't live in this part of the state.  Western and central Oh were not hit as bad (I think). 

How is the ice where you all are fishing?  Would like to know.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ice was thick yesterday (8 in.) when i started. about 10 degrees. 4 inches of ice and 4 inches of frozen slush. warmed up quick when the snow started, and got pretty slushy. got another big snow, and i think with a warm, sunny day, we're done. hope i'm wrong.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We have about 3" of slush trapped between about 5" of black and anywhere from 5-8" of white (snow ice.)

We're still in the process of getting nailed with this third round, it's been 34 hours straight of snow. We now have an additional 8"+. I'd say most areas have about 2' of snow, but the drifts have been as high as 8' in some areas.

Luckily the temps have stayed down, and the sunlight has been minimal. I actually had more lake ice at the pond the other day tahn I had on thursday the day before the first storm started.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Its been tuff navigating at Mosquito but the ice is solid everywhere I went this past weekend. Cold temps have been helping heard from a friend today that the slushy trails are now frozen but  uneven and bumpy. Shouldnt be a problem fishing until March like last year. Landed my biggest eye  last year off the ice on March 1, At least 8" of ice with some area's with 10". Hope it stays a while.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors