Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Milky Water? Time to Move On

Banker · 2 · 2068

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Fished in some real gross stuff today at Blackhawk- have seen it before a really filmy milky substance in the water- it's decay coming off the dying (and at this point) dead vegitation down below- this underwater puss is a sure sign that oxygen levels are at an all time low where it exists- move to another spot as the biggins move to wear oxygen is most prevalent- hence keeping them move active (alive).
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I know people think I'm crazy but this is all part of photosynthesis , the thicker the ice and the deeper the snow and the shallower the water the lesser amount of sunlight can get through and the decaying really starts to speed up thus making the fish move out. Not necessarily into the deeper water but to where they can breathe. I know I don't like to eat when I'm winded, heck I don't even want a cold beer, I'm looking for a chair with oxygen nearby. I think last season I stated getting more fish further up the river @ northfork and around points where current is prevalent under the ice.

Vexilar