Ice Fish Ohio Forum

West Branch / Rock Springs still ice covered

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
As of 6pm yesterday the whole area on both sides of the Bridge at Rock Springs Road is STILL 100% frozen!!!!! Looks like this could be a great start to the next safe ice!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!!  That's one of my favorite lakes to fish.  There's good bass and some mega slabs in there.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well slab thats one lake i dont hang out on , mainly because im always at other places ,but,,, ;D an interest may be sparked if a few words would fall upon my ears....of how that lake works....hint ,hint  :-\
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's a draw down lake, but not near as drastic as Berlin.  There tend to be a lot of crappies that hang out around the many fallen trees that hang over deep water.  The bass are around stumps and rocks, as well as the pilings for the bridge over Rock Spring Road.  Muskies are abundant, and most people I see fishing are after them.  I've got some nice ones bass fishing there, and got a couple specifically fishing for them.  I know this is condensed and maybe not much help, but I can go into more detail.  If you want, pm me and we can exchange phone numbers and talk.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Sounds like we should all meet out there Monday for I do not have to work that day and I know erierider was looking to go.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If its safe, I'm in.   ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar