Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Deer Creek crappie--ice season looks promising.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit up Deer Creek last week and the results for crappie look promising for ice fishing!  Got 1 at 15" and 4 others over 13". They were sluggish and I had to use ice fishing techniques to get them. A 1/100 ounce micro plastic hanging horizontal under a slip float was all I could get bit on. But the ratio of 10" fish to dinks was good.  Only around 40% of the fish were shorts. I'll post a pic of the big one in a minute.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here he is.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Nice haul! Never fished deer creek. If it holds fish like that I may have to try it sometime. Especially since I just looked it up and it's only an hour from me. Lol. Can't believe I've never been there
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:17:06 PM by 30inthabucket »

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's a Great Lake but you've got to know it.  Maybe could hit it together. It can be tricky during ice season because of the river channel that runs through it. Have to be extra diligent about spudding across.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Nice fish slab. The Deer Creek he fished Aaron is in NE Ohio and not the Deer Creek by Washington Courthouse. Used to fish the 1 by Washington Courthouse years ago from a boat and caught nice crappies but no 15 in. Have been thinking about trying the marina there sometime though.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes. That's right g, I was fishing the Deer Creek by Berlin Lake near Alliance Ohio.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Gotcha. I was kinda wondering what you were doing way down here crappie fishing. Well nice job anyway.

Vexilar