Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fish fry?

crv423 · 9 · 4602

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I've brought the topic up with Holhisle but thought I would see what u'all thought of the idea before we put anymore time into the thought. I was thinking an end of the year fish fry with a donation at the door to help pay for the sight, maybe an auction, raffle, maybe some video of the years fishing. Would you come? Anyone got any other ideas? I just thought dave puts enough time into the sight he shouldn't have to put his personal funds into to keep it going, not only would a donation fill our belly's with some good food but it would help keep this sight going. What do you all think? 
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

beckslabs

• View Profile
Sounds like a really good idea.  I have done some catering around my area and I have 3-18 qt. roasters and have access to 4 or 5 more.  I also have 2 big coffee urns for coffee or hot cider.  I also know of a place to get 10 pound boxes of Alaskan Walleye for $17.90 a box (as far as I know we can't "sell" the fish we have caught) and also can get 50# bags of potatoes for $10.  I would be more than willing to help set-up and cook if needed.  Also, I was wondering where you were planning on having this get-together?  What time of year?  The only thing I don't have is a turkey fryer to do large batches of fish in.  If someone would want to bring one it would be good.  I would love to help.  The cooking thing is something I really enjoy doing.  Let me know what everyone thinks about the idea and keep me posted.  If people want to donate fish we do have a good supply of Lake Erie perch!  Thanks, Craig

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
What a great way to get together not sure if I could make the trip but count on me to help support it Dave

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I think its a great idea. If you need a turkey fryer I have one that I can bring. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Maybe it could be somewhat like a potluck so a few people arent the ones bringing everything. If everyone chips in a little we all can end up with a lot. I also like the donation idea to help Dave keep things running here.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

g

• View Profile
A fish fry sounds like a great idea. Everyone bring a covered dish. Maybe try & find a hall around Indian & have it on a Saturday after  fishing.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks Guy's for all the support. I like the Idea of having a end of the year fish fry. I think it would be a great way to end the year.

Beckslab has a lot of experiance with cooking. We need to find a location at say Indian or Buckeye. I have a call into Boat Boys on Buckeye to see if they have space.

I should have items to auction off. Guy's could even buy $5 tables to bring in any old fishing gear to sell.

I know we are planning a get together in January but this could also be a idea for a Kick off party say in December. Might be a little late for this year but maybe we could pull it off. Keep the ideas coming.

You guys make the site great!

Thanks,
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

beckslabs

• View Profile
 I thank that late FEB. or early MAR. would be great time to have a fish fry. ;D

Icebug84

• View Profile
That sounds like a great time. Indian Lake is a pretty good haul for me, but I'll definitely try to make it if you get a date set.
Kyle

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
This would be fun but i don't think i can put it together.  With the tournaments, Kids event, and keeping the online entries updated,  i have a lot on my plate.

If CRV and a couple of guy's could head this up that would be awesome.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar