Ice Fish Ohio Forum

no shanty clean-up this season

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Haven't taken the shanty out this year yet, and with upcoming temps and forecast doubt I will.  Round 2 will be short like round 1, and if it is (barring a crazy cold snap and ice into mid-march) a 10-14 day season isn't worth the hassle of dragging the shanty out of the basement to the truck.  I'll just use my Clam chair and travel light like I do for early/late ice.  I don't usually like the weight of a shanty, especially one as full as mine, till we get about 5" of ice.  By then, I don't see a reason to drag it out.  That said, I'm ready for round 2!  Clam chair, vex, and hand auger are ready to go!!!  ;D

Am I crazy for being too lazy to dirty the shanty at this late point of the season???  ???
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I guess not,I hate sitting in a shanty,I will only go in it if temperatures and wind chill dictate,I have always preferred sitting out side on a bucket.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
you guys crack me up ,  your like ice ninjas runnin around with your buckets and rods and hand auger, really mobile, light ...me   kinda like a big glob mossy mossy with all my stuff, no slab your all good I just packed mine away for the year. but I love my shanty,heater,rods,gas drill, ,scoop,lights,extra gas tanks,xtra rods,shanty stakes,ropes,xtra auger blades,water,bait,chair,safety gear=throw rescue rope[spikes,cleats,whistle,spud bar,ect ect   did I forget anything?  ha ha ha    that was fun... oh well sit here and go blah blah because there is no ice to fish ...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:09:05 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
bet you unpack it again,
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
your on  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I prefer hopping holes and sitting on my bucket.  That said with the temps chilly and the possibility of taking the 3yr old out again I'm going to keep my shanty and heater on the ready for round 2.

g

• View Profile
Rarely sit in my shanty, I like sitting outside. I do take my 1 man shanty a lot so I can take more gear with me. Plus I can sit on the seat instead of a bucket when I get on a hot hole.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's me, g. Padded seat and a gear sled. Very rarely put the top up unless it's windy or brutally cold.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm the same way. Just bought my flip this year. Haven't put it up much but it is nice to throw it up and turn the heat on. Thaw out the hands for a bit. Or use it as a wind break. But I really don't like being cooped up in it. Does hold all my gear nicely tho ;D

Downthehole

• View Profile
My wife bought me an early birthday present (Wide 1 Inferno). Not sure how I'll use it but it's way more portable than the 2 man pop-up I have. The flexibility of using it as a chair, wind break or shelter is a great advantage IMHO. Hopefully ice this weekend will allow me to use it.....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You'll love it. Holds all your gear and is versatile. And the weight on a 1 man isn't awful, unless it's loaded like mine!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar