Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any good on Saturday 2/20 ?

Fuzzygrub

• View Profile
I drove up to Chehire Market to buy bait for an EARLY trip to Indian tomorrow. I saw icers off Big Run, Cheshire ramp cove, and Galena ramp cove. Anyone from this site out there today? Do any good? F.Y.I. a kind soul plowed the pull-off from Africa rd. (both directions) at Galena ramp cove, must have been a fellow ice fisherman.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I was out there today from 12 to 3 of of the Cheshire Ramp. I only caught one Crappies. The group next to me had a dozen Crappies and a few keeper perch. I marked a lot of bait fish  and think that it will have some good fish in it. I think whoever finds the stumps will load up.

I also saw 2 guys fishing the east side of the rd and had a dozen or so on the ice. It was a nice day to fish.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

muskarp

• View Profile
I picked up one about an half hour after dark at the end of Plumb Rd. Put him down on the ice at 218yds from the duck blind I was calling from. OOPS, wrong site, thought some of you would get a kick out of it though. Wanted to get him in closer. Called him from the Marina. He came across pretty far north of me and that south wind let him bust me. He started back across and stopped for one last look (literally). Boy I took a real bad chance walking out on that uninspected ice to retreive him.

Vexilar