Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Getting Started

Tanker593

• View Profile
I'm looking into trying a little ice fishing this year.  The idea of heading out in the cold on a frozen lake to fish seems like a good challenge.  If I can get a few crappie, blue gill or perch to fry up with some taters all the better.  My brother-in-law and I hit the ice fishing clinic at Cabelas last weekend which had a lot of good information for the novice.  A lot of good info on this site to help get started as well.  Looking for to check back throughout the season to learn more.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome tanker, where are you located, this will help because there are a lot of members here who would be willing to give some pointers or even meet up with you on the ice
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome!  Where are you at?  I'm giving an ice fishing seminar at rodmaker's Shop in Strongsville on Sunday January 11, 2015.  Stop on in and I'm sure you'll learn some helpful tips to lessen the learning curve!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Tanker593

• View Profile
I'm on the northwest side of Columbus.  We are looking to go up to Indian Lake since it's about an hour away and we're familiar with the area.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Join us on Saturday for the alum creek dock tournament, it's a good place to start and practice for when ice really gets here! Check in is at 730 at marina, bait is available at the Cheshire market
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile
Buckeye is another good lake to fish. Tried it last year for the first time and I am looking forward to fishing there again this year. Welcome to the site. It should be easy for you to hook up with other people from the site wherever you plan on fishing. Good luck.       Grant

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
These guys will take care of you! Was great seeing you at Cabelas!
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Hammerman

• View Profile
Join us on Saturday for the alum creek dock tournament, it's a good place to start and practice for when ice really gets here! Check in is at 730 at marina, bait is available at the Cheshire market

Wait is this a real ice fishing tournament? Any more info for it?!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Where are you located, starting on January 18 is the NE OHIO pan fish series! It's a 3 event tournament with fun, and prizes check it out under general discussion.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar