Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 07, 2024, 12:37:56 AM

Author Topic: Long Island  (Read 3452 times)

JustNutts

Long Island
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »

Had a blizzard tonight at long island from about 3-430. Ice was very nice and clear. Didnt venture out to far since it was dark, but I came home to shovel the driveway and get some breakfast and I am on the way back to check out some places for saugeyes since it will be light out. I was pretty impressed with LI and think there may be some other spots with good ice as well.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Long Island
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:50:25 AM »

Thanks for the report Russ, keep us posted, if I can get out of work and watching kids so ol'lady can go shopping I'll be there tomorrow. Did you catch anything at LI?
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

JustNutts

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »

It was sooo bad, I cant remember when I saw it snow like that... I didnt think I would make it home. 5-10mph and I still couldnt see a thing! Puttin it down!
Anyway, when I got there it was perfect crappie conditions.. and then BAM blizzard, so no I didnt catch anything because my trip was cut short to the weather and premature auger failure... Sold my good one last year thinking this one was good for a back up-NO ITS NOT, it wont even put a scratch in the ice when thrown. So i need an auger if somebody has a good one to get rid of
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:07:27 PM by Russ »

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »

Gosh russ i know how aggravating that is I bought a used jiffy a few years back used it once or twice than parked it for the summer, unbeknowst to me my fatherinlaw used it that summer to drill a post hole put it up when i went to use the next winter it took me 20 minutes to drill a hole, so i ordered new blades. the auger came with a spare bit so I put it on and my boy and i went out walked about a mile to where there was a good gill hole I start the auger and the damn thing turned the wrong way the spare bit wasnt for that auger. I learned my lesson i always carry a hand auger now as a spare, but what a way to ruin a day of fishing. Dave

JustNutts

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:39:37 PM »

O MAN!!! i gota laugh at that!! i think the actual auger is bent.. because the blades are sharp and look fine.. i think the angle of everything is off.. I REALLY want  a "normark fin-bore iii" OR a "nills" The reviews are outstanding.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:42:31 PM by Russ »
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar