Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Exploring on Saturday

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
I hear someone beat me to the point between the beach and dam.  Had to work this week and never made it out.  But tomorrow I'll make up for that.  I'll be parking by the boat ramp actually instead of going right into ramp area go straight to parking between beach and ramp.  I'll be there at 6am for anyone wanting to join me and walking down the beach.  Have been imformed there has been brush dropped on the point that should be in 10-12' of water there.  Also want to check the sand bar and the drops into deep water.  There is a stump bed on the eat side of point worth checking out that should hold fish.  Hopefully this may be where some eyes are holding, we'll see.  Anyway everyone is welcome to join.  Can't make promises on what will be caught but it seems the further you go for fish the better the bite is and like the humps soulth of the campground was this area is untapped.  See you there.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Good luck out there!
I'm fishing today after work then on Sunday with my girlfriend who has only been on the ice one other time for about an hour or so.  I hope we can get into them so she goes with me again sometime.

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
morning bite is best.  I'll post tomorrow night how we did and if you read my past few posts you'll have a head start.  Start her with a small VIBE in firetiger, have her rip it up then jiggle it slightly near bottom.  She should catch the crappies that way.  I'll be out with some friends on Sunday if you have problems getting into them call me 937-360-4853
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
I will be out Sunday as well. It will be my first time on CJ I am looking forward to it. Can I call you as well if I cant find them? :P

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
no problem.  Read up on my past posts on C.J. and also on Buck Creek state park for a head start.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
#10- N side of point between the Tower and the Main Beach; 39 "C" (Christmas) trees in 8fow (summer pool) to 17 fow; the W end of this group is marked by a faded plastic marker tied to a tree on the shore, this end is 5 trees deep, it thins as it runs NE between 8- 15 fow contour, the farthest set is approx. 250` from the extreme tip of the point (summer pool). Thie gruop`s W end is 600` from the walleye net stake and was intended to provide prey for pre-spawn female walleyes; MANY perch and crappies are caught here each spring and summer; good luck!

lowellhturner

• View Profile
 Marc, my apologies, the significant other has significant "other' plans for me...will be available Monday sometime...Good Luck! And be SAFE! And catch enogh to make us jealous...

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
be in Chattanooga monday

lowellhturner

• View Profile
 Managed to hit #10 2 PMish, used your holes, met a guy named Randy, we didn`t have much luck. there must have been 60 people out on W retaining wall, old rd bed, S gravel pit, and inside Marina. We will try to meet Friday to go to Urbana and move 150- 200 blocks 1catdaddy1 is donating. Will call Monday. Lowell

Vexilar