Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ Monday 2/14

Crazy4Smallmouth

• View Profile
Started at 10:30. Drilled 3 holes. First hole held small gills, but they were eager to bite. Moved to hole #2 and got on nice crappie from 9.5 to 11". Went to hole #3 when #2 slowed down and found more crappie the same size. Fished 15 fow on the west side out of the wind. Saw two guys up at the north end but didn't see anyone else. Fished 3.5 hours and caught 50 fish with 27 keeper size that were released as they were caught to grow bigger. Action was very consistant the whole time I was there. I probably missed another 50 fish. Not my best effort setting the hook today, but it was fun feeding all the fish anyway. One of my best outings of the ice season.

bruce136

• View Profile
I was also out there yesterday morning. Crappie were biting awesome when we first got there, but they shut off. No bite = wind too much to deal with. LOL. packed up and left early.

There was a large pressure crack that was open (1/2") when we got there; it had opened up to about 4" by the time we left.

fshman_165

• View Profile
Hey Jeff...I left ya a voicemail. Ice is still great. Edges are solid. It got down to 16 degrees last nite. The surface was frozen with no standing water anywhere we went.

Vexilar