I love ice fishing

Banker · 11 · 5241

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
let me know how this reads-giving a speech on ice fishing:

I love ice fishing.  i could stand up here for hours on the subject..but since this speech is timed and the objective for speech 3 is get to the point,  i boiled my interest in this sport down to 3 talking points. You may not be asking me if you can come with the next time I go, but my intension is that by the end of this speech you will gain insight as to why I love to ice fish.

Opportunity plays a big hand in my love for ice fishing. If you live in Arizona, you may not get the opportunity to ice fish. Growing up from Michigan, 5 miles away from Lake St. Clair, one of the greatest fisheries in the world, cold winters and good fishing opened up plenty of opportunities to be introduced and participate in the sport.. When I moved to Ohio from Michigan I thought that my ice fishing days were numbered at best.. But after some investigating, there is good ice to fish on in Ohio and plenty of options to boot. It helps to have an awesome wife that allows the opportunity to ice fish as well.

Access. With opportunity comes access. Access to God's country. Now you can access God's country when it's warm out too, don't get me wrong. But for an angler without a boat, access is limited to how far and accurate you can cast a bait. It's frustrating to know that if you could just get you bait a little bit farther out, or around that tree, then...then you would be in the hot spot. During the 3 months in Ohio that you can ice fish, you can access those spots and more. Assuming safe ice is present, you can walk anywhere you want to...and the kicker is you aren't walking on land...your walking on water. As a Christian, this is pretty cool. Even as a non Christian, I remember it being pretty cool as well. Access to fish in God's country is the 2nd reason why I love ice fishing.

And my third and final reason as to why I love ice fishing is success. Without success initially and throughout the time frame that I have participated in this sport, my interest would have surely dropped from loved, to like, to did it while I was young but don't do it now. I have been blessed with a good mentor to show me the ropes when I was 15, and success from then on. I am now a Pro-Staffer for IceFishOhio.com and took 2nd place in my first ice fishing tournament. Success has made me love this sport as much as I do today.

In conclusion, when given the opportunity, the access, and some success, you too may become in love with ice fishing.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

ice phisher

• View Profile
Banker......It's a good read.....Thanks for your insight and for sharing............
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
that's a great speech. i thought everyone loved ice fishing, but the guys at work think i'm crazy.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Great speech. I am no english major but I think you may have misworded "Growing up from Michigan". Growing up IN Michigan sounds better to me. I barely passed high school english so I could be way off. If it wasnt for spell check on here nobody would be able to decipher my post.lol
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Very great, very speechy :)
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wait u mean u guys actually use spell check i thought that was an urban myth..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah when i mention ice fishin most common response is  gee that sounds fun,or  ARE U NUTS, mainly the last. most people never think of fishin in winter.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Show and Tell.... take some gear, photos, etc. It'll reinforce your speech.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

luv2fish

• View Profile
good stuff banker. Don't know what your limited to on time, but man could you spend some time on the equipment part. Just showing the different lures and set-ups from the ordinary equipment used in the open water.
  Most people have a misunderstanding of this sport. Most think that you are sitting out in the cold (which i still do) freezing half to death, waiting on some poor fish to come by and bite. They don't know how advanced this sport can be, with all the high tech equipment and gadgetry. Good luck with your speech, and the only problem that i can see is that you are going to over due or over extend it on the time issue. Stay safe and good fishing.

Vexilar