Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Possible get together at CJ Brown...

cincinnati kid

• View Profile
Ready for safe ice at CJ please keep us updated on the ice thickness.What a great lake to ice fish count me in.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
fishingtechnition, once you get into Clark County on St Rt 4 turn L at the 1st light you come to, Croft Rd. Follow it under the RR overpass, over the creek and around the turn just past the Outlet Tower and turn L onto Robert Eastman Rd. Follow it till it ends at Buck Creek Lane and turn L into the Park. Follow it straight on to get to the Main Boat Ramp. To get to the Marina turn R at the intersection before the entry to the ramps, and follow it to the 3rd rd on the L; there will be a sign. If we hit the campground area just continue past the Marina into the far NW corner of the Campgrounds...

fshman_165

• View Profile
Went out this morning and was able to get onto the lake in one of the spots I checked. SaugeyeMarc joined me this morning and we slayed the bluegills...we caught fish non stop for about 3 hours. We had some small and quite a few of medium fish..but there were about 60 or 70 gills that ran 8 to 9.5 inches. The ice is not safe on most of the lake (2.5 inches) but there are a FEW 4 inch spots . Sounds like we are not going to get the snow they thought. This will allow for some good Ice growth. I will be checking the ice during the cold spell and will post it.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
PLEASE be careful ! And in the same breath, I`m jealous ! Well done ! btw, anywhere near cover?

Green Pea

• View Profile
I would like to hit a safe spot after work tomorrow. Should be able to get there around 4:30. Will anyone be over there then?

fshman_165

• View Profile
Did an Ice thickness test on 2 parts of the lake. The MBR area has 4 inches. I found a small area that has 5 inches. I was only able to check out to the pole attractors before I had to come back home for a work meeting. I will be going out at 2 pm to test other areas (Marina and breakwall arms). We should have about 2 more inches by tomorrow afternoon. There were a couple of thin areas with snow....but I was surprised by the uniformity.

bruce136

• View Profile

Green Pea

• View Profile
I'm going to stop there after work tomorrow just before 5:00. I decided not to head out today and give the ice a chance to thicken up.

Has anyone decided on a time and place to meet up this weekend? I am dying to pull a Walleye through the ice. I've never caught one on ice so hopefully this weekend their active.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Saturday WHIO is calling for rain...Friday perhaps? Or Sunday?

fshman_165

• View Profile
Marc and I got our shanties out on the ice today from 3 pm to 6. Ice was between 5 and 6 inches in most of the marina. Marc has a picture to post as soon as I email it to him. Crappies and gills were very active. We got some really nice fish. I had a breakoff that was probably a nice eye (from the size of the mark on my Marcum) just about 3 feet under the hole. I will be checking more of the main lake tomorrow. From the loud cracking, rumbling and popping we heard tonight, I would say we may have 2 more inches by tomorrow afternoon.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
The weather guessers are still calling for rain Sat, decide on a time and where...Wouldn`t mind trying Marc`s suggestion of the #11 series on the N side of the Main Boat Ramp.

IceLover

• View Profile
So is the get together sat or sunday

Hopefully I will be there both days but would like to hook up with you all
if possible

lowellhturner

• View Profile
The weather guessers are calling for rain and breezy Sat, Sunday OK?  What time and where? If the #11 series is free of drifts it`s very close to the vehicles and at least partially sheltered from the wind most of the time...that`s my pick. Who`s in ?

fshman_165

• View Profile
I will re-check the ice in that area. Most the ice we checked today was close to 7 inches...we found some closer to 8 inches near the marina channel. I was out 2 times today fishing/checking ice. I wont be able to go out Saturday but I will probably be out Sunday morning till noon. Marc and I met Green Pea tonight. He joined us out in the marina channel heading to the main lake. Nice fella, hope he doesn't get any nasty habits after hanging out with us  :)

Vexilar