Ice Fish Ohio Forum

jan 12th

crv423 · 12 · 7917

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Fished the docks with HWJ, Terry, and Dave, Everyone but Dave caught some nice crappies, I think hwj took home about 20 keepers. We went to the spillway for the afternoon eye bite but had no luck, everyone but Dave did catch a shad or two. We did see three small eyes caught by other anglers. All in all it was a good day out, Had fun fishen with Terry and HWJ, and harassing Dave. Hopefully Dave took home with him the Knowledge of how to catch fish. Ten more lessons he might be able to catch one himself ;D
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
 Awsome, glad you guys caught some fish and had fun.  Somebody needs to catch something, lord knows it's not me!!  >:(  And shad don't count, I've caught more fish from McDonalds than Dave's got this month!  ;D  Hoping things turn around next couple days.  If forecast is right and temps stay that low, I should be on some of my bigger ponds--safely--by Monday.  I'll post any pics of my catches.  There's some 14-17 inch crappies in those ponds, along with 10-12 inch bluegill.  Hoping to do some real ice fishing next week.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ICE COLD

• View Profile
CRV, I never fish the docks from the bank due to fact I thought fishing was not allowed from the docks. Is it ok to fish from the docks in the winter? I fish them in the spring from my boat and tear them up with no place having ice I think I might try and fish these. Thanks.

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We we're told 2yrs ago by an officer it was alright if there were no boats docked there.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Good deal Chris.  How come I didn't get and invite...
Just kiddin.  I have to work once in a while unlike yourself during the winter months.

I have caught a few small eye's the last couple times down at the spillway but nothing worth talking about.  20 keeper crappie is another story.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Very Funny, That is why i have to video tape everything to really show who caught them all.

Also, It is alright to fish the Alum Creek marina docks from October 15th until the boats come on. You do need a permit most years to get through the gate but this year they are not giving permits to allow cars back to the docks because of work being done.

It is ok to park at the dog park and walk back and fish off of the docks.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I know Terry and I had a great time. CRV is a top notch guide. The best part of the was finding out that all the rumors about Dave are true. We were catching good fish until Dave showed up wearing his yellow jacket. Almost immediately the fish turned off. Also learned that when CRV catches a fish Dave moves right beside him trying to steal his fish. It also seems the only way Dave can catch fish is by using CRV's rod while he is reeling in another fish. I'm glad I was to finally see the truth.  ;D. Even with all the harassment Dave is a great sport. Thanks CRV and Dave for a great day of fishing.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
TO FUNNY !!!!!!!!
Gaff its not just for chicken...

Eye4aneye

Had a very good time like to do it again soon .Thanks for having us down Crv.

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Glad to have you guys, its nice to see others catch fish, I dont have that pleasure fishing with Dave. :o
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I cant wait till Indian freezes and i get to hear CRV cry all day long.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey next time you all go to alum give me a shout ive been wanting to fish down there and hang out with somebody that catches fish   hehe so i can see how its done............
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar