Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Snowmobile

quackpot · 33 · 14317

quackpot

• View Profile
I bought a used snowmobile a couple of weeks ago. It had a small wiring problem that was a easy fix. Hand warmer wires were broken. Being a mechanic in the past I know about vehicles but not smaller motors. In the belly pan I found a fin from a fan, it's from the cooling fan. I called a Yamaha snowmobile dealer and talked to the parts department and found a new fan is only $50. The removal is really easy with any knowledge. As soon as I get the new part it will be good to go. If you have any problems try to repair it yourself.
Only bad thing is they have another sled I like, here we go again. Lol

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Ya,it sucks going to get a part at a dealership,and seeing the upgraded stuff,new or used!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Oh quackpot, I'm gonna direct a new sports reality show "Ice gear hoarders" staring quack and company! Lol.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I found a couple sleds on Craigslist today I might just have to go look at, real nice two person. Here we go!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm trying to figure out how to haul two in my trailer. The one I have now is a two person, the front part could haul two plus the back section. I'm actually looking at two different ones. Like I said I have a problem and it's getting worse. Nate you are going to have to check out the auger I got last weekend, a 10" is huge. I'm not a hoarder I'm a collector.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's right. It's an investment, like antiques. At least that's my story, but it's true. I sold some old musky gear last summer and was shocked what I got for it. Now I want a sled too, I'm not even going to look at new ones, them I'll want that, just an older one in good condition for me.  :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm still happy with the one that I bought. I will have $475 and a little time in it. The reason why I started this was to let people know that they may be able to repair things themselves. I am starting to shop hard for a second sled. That way more than one can go out with me and try the big lake. .

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
I officially volunteer to be a crash test dummy!!!!!!  However, I may be over qualified ;D ;D ;D ;D

Been wanting to hit Erie, but no ATV or sled.  Met you at Mosquito tournament last year, I'd love to hit the big lake with ya...

g

• View Profile
I got a repair manual with my sled which really helps.My buddies buddy repairs sleds and is reasonable on his labor charges if I have a problem I don't think I can handle or figure out.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's cool , I really would like to have something to drag my butt out on erie.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
I bought my snowmobile specifically for ice fishing Erie. Haven't regretted it. Don't have to worry about cracks like I would with a quad.

quackpot

• View Profile
I agree ice fishing is the only reason I bought the one I have. I'm doing a few things to it to make it better for my needs.

g

• View Profile
Mine is a 2 person sled too with a backrest. I built a rack for my 1 man shanty that bolts to the backrest. Works great unless Nate and I are riding double, then we are top heavy and fall over sideways.

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm in the middle of making a bracket on the back of mine. It will hold a bucket on both sides and a place on the back for other things. It also use a boat throwable as a seat back for the passenger. When I get a little closer I will post pictures. Only downside is that I'm looking into a different sled for me to use.

g

• View Profile
I made my rack out of 1 in. square tubing but it would bend from the weight and the bouncing so I reinforced the sides with angle iron and don't have any problems with it now. I can carry everything I need with room to spare.

Vexilar