Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Snowmobile

quackpot · 33 · 14315

quackpot

• View Profile
Hey G how about a picture of your rig? Do you have the one man up&down or above you? I'm still planning on pulling mine behind me. I figured making bucket brackets will haul the minimum things for days that I don't need a shanty.

g

• View Profile
I will bring pictures to the dock tourney. I seldom use my shanty flipped over but it is nice to sit on the chair instead of a bucket. Most times I just sit on my bucket. I like not dragging my shanty, saves wear and tear on the plastic sled.

g

• View Profile
My snowmobile has a basket behind the seat but it is to small to fit a 5 gal. bucket in it.

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm setting mine on both sides of rear seat. I don't have it finished yet,but I sat on the rear seat and it doesn't interfere with room. I figure I won't have many passengers that are bigger than me. Over the rear I will have a storage spot for tackle and maybe rod holders.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I would like to get one. I have been reading up and they say an aircooled is best. Is that correct? Qauckpot How much did you spend if you don't mind me asking. I would like to get into one as inexpensive as possible.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

quackpot

• View Profile
Dave I bought mine off Craigslist and ended up giving $425. I'm replacing the cooling fan which is really easy. The fan cost $48 and they told me for what I was going to be doing it may not need it. Depending on how my next Doctor appointment I may be checking into a spare sled. The one I have now is a two person sled and it's a 1986 Yamaha 540. It should have plenty of power and when I get done with the brackets I'm installing the passenger should have a great seat.

quackpot

• View Profile
Dave we can discuss it at the tourneys, we'll see what we can work out. I can't use it all the time.

quackpot

• View Profile
I think my problem is getting worse, I'm going tomorrow evening to look at another sled. It needs a little work but I think I can handle it. I'm going to look at it and give him a deposit till I pick it up. People will think I'm nuts driving around with a snowmobile in the back of my truck.

quackpot

• View Profile
Well Nate you may be right. I picked up a second sled this evening.

g

• View Profile
Nice quackpot.. I've thought about buying another sled but then I'd have to get a bigger trailer. Hmm, food for thought.

quackpot

• View Profile
Is everyone's sled registered with the state? How hard was it if it came from a individual? I know a dealership helps with the ones they sell.

g

• View Profile
I registered mine with the state. It is done at the license bureau. They didn't even ask for the previous registration, which I had. Snowmobiles don't require a title. You buy a sticker that is good for 3 years. Some states require sleds to be registered to ride their trails. They are supposed to be registered in Ohio to use them on lakes, including Erie. I haven't heard of anyone getting cited or denied access to Erie if the sled isn't registered but I am sure it has probably happened or could. When I registered mine, it was under $30.00 in 2014.

quackpot

• View Profile
I went to the license bureau today and got the proper form. If anyone else needs information on this the form number is 5706. It is a proof of ownership form.

g

• View Profile
Good job Bobby. Now all we need is for Erie to freeze and let the fun begin again.

quackpot

• View Profile
Forms are all filled out, I just have to take them in. I'm bringing pictures of the rack I made for mine to the tournament. I still have the other one setting in the truck.

Vexilar