Ice Fish Ohio Forum

football vent

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
OK. Here we go. Having watched the Browns this year am I the only one who thinks Pettine needs to go?  Going for 2, REALLY!!!! ???  Also what's up with his determination to go with McCown?  The guys been a loser everywhere he's gone. He's an OK backup and that's it, he's old and obviously not the future of the team. He had one good game all year but Pettine thinks the guy is Aaron Rodgers to hear him talk. They used a high pick on Manziel, put him in. Johnny is obviously immature and has a lot of growing up to do yet, but let's see what we have. Maybe a wasted pick, maybe not. But McCown and Pettine are taking our team nowhere!  This is where ownership also needs to step in and quit hiring the first no name coach that interviews for the job. We have decent players and McCown and Pettine handed the game to Denver. A pick and 2 sacks in Denver territory on their last 2 drives, both with opportunities to win the game. INEXCUSABLE! Last year is proof that Pettine is HORRIBLE!!!  Mack gets hurt and the season is done. He was calling line schemes, Pettine is clueless and so is the statue named McCown.

Am I crazy??  As a Browns fan, losing is nothing new, but why lose with a loser? Let's see what we have player wise, and find a coach that understands football.

At least my Buckeyes and Vikings won!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:14:05 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
It's OK buddy. Just wise up and come be a Bengals fan with us southern oh guys and you will feel much better on Sundays. JK I know you browns fans are hardcore. But in all seriousness you guys are never going to be competitive until you have a solid steady o line. It's where teams are made. And yeah your coach and qb are worthless.but smile....it's almost ice season

g

• View Profile
I agree with your last line 30, it's almost ice season so I won't have to watch football. I agree with you slab, Pettine and McCown are not who we need. Really liked McCown's pick in the 4th quarter, couldn't even throw it out of bounds standing in the middle of the field. Good thing I am used to the Browns playing so badly. At least this year they are keeping the games close. Come on ice.

toadfish

• View Profile
Now, now slab, losing almost all games is part o being a Browns fan.  Don't be one f thos e other NFL teams in Ohio that millions of fans during a good season and none during the off years.  Us Browns fans stick with the team, win or loose.

It could be worse, I am a blue jackets hockey fan and they have not won or even tied a game yet this season.  They are the worst team in the NHL right now with zero points in the standings.

At least the Buckeyes are winning.  That maize and blue team from the north lost too.

If the Browns made it to the playoffs, you would have to sacrifice some ice time to see the games, so maybe you did pick the right team!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Now, now toadfish. .. not all of us Bengals fans abandon them when they suck. But it is amazing the amount of Bengals gear I see on people the last few years.lol. And until we actually win a playoff game I'm not gonna get too excited.
But it seems we all can at least agree on 3 things... ice can't get here fast enough, we like the buckeyes, and f*** Michigan!!!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I stand by what I said about Pettine and McCown. Both losers!  Why hasn't Bowe been in at all?  Paid $9 million for him and Pettine refuses to put him in. This coach really needs to go. He's holding this team back because his pettiness and stubbornness. He's lost 10 of the last 12 and the team is regressing. TIME TO GO MIKE! !
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Amen to that slab. Good thing McClown is hurt again. To bad Manzel will get to play again. Now if Pettine would get hurt so he would have to miss a few games, maybe we could get a few wins.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Well slab your browns are playing my Bengals tonight. My undefeated Bengals that is. Maybe manziel will at least make it a game. Then again I'd like to go to bed by halftime so...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm not holding out much hope. We'll see how it goes. Hope I'm wrong, but if it's a close game that involves a final drive or time management the Browns have no chance.

Team Wilcraft!

toadfish

• View Profile
Score right now is 3-7 Bengals and Browns are punting.  My prediction is the Browns will go 2-14 this season, Johnnie or McGown at the helm won't matter much.  Blue jackets are at the bottom too.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad I went to bed at the half. Only thing any good now is the Cavs. Thought the Browns were starting to make improvements last year, guess not. They have some talent, but need a coach who knows how to utilize it and a decent qb.

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
I watched the whole game and Manziel looked good in the first half. But as good teams do they didn't make adjustments for the second half. I've been a Bengals fan for many years and the wife dressed as one for work last week. She wore my big daddy jersey, older people will remember him. I agree there entire coaching staff needs to leave to make the brownies better.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He did look good. You've hit on it. They play one good half a game. Very frustrating to see every week. Just seems like they're going backwards. I just wish they would've given Chud a chance. They didn't have a good record his only year, but you could see on field progress. Now it seems they're losing what progress they made.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Glad I had to work so I didn't have to be disappointed again. Heard there were no turnovers so that is a plus. Seems they can play 3 good quarters but really loose it in the 4 th. Same old story, just a different year.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SOB...SAME OLE BROWNS..

GO CAVS
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar