Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where are you going?

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Once we get the ice we need,where are you going first? I will be heading out to good old Nimisila,for crappies and gills,but i have plans of going to Sandusky Bay for some BIG crappies,when ice permits.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same here. Whatever freezes first to 3-4 good clear inches that's where I'll be.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep I will be at nimi also, so save me a spot     hey hopper clue me in on that Sandusky bay when/if we get ice..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
Rick I called you this morning,no answer,and your message box was full, :o
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

crappiehunter

• View Profile
i'll be heading to nimi also haha that lake has been pretty good to me over the past couple years and its usually my first go to spot

bruce136

• View Profile
I heard people are already out on Indian lake(long island). There can't be more than 2 inches of ice. Can anyone confirm? WAY too thin for me!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just like the last few years, Nimmy will be my "Go To" lake. I may hit some of the Portage Lakes Chain (East, North, Turkeyfoot) and would really like to hit Mosquito a time or two also.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I spend most of my time on Indian but I'm headed wherever there is good ice. I can usually only fish weekends so I'll take whatever I can get. And Bruce it would not surprise me if people were out on Indian. They pushed their luck at the end last year so why would they be any more cautious this year? I'll wait.

quackpot

• View Profile
If I wasn't working I would have been there yesterday. If you know how that lake freezes it's not bad. That's my local lake so hopefully next weekend.

g

• View Profile
Indian is my go to first ice lake.  We don't have a lot of choices in southwest Ohio without a lot of travel time. If we get ice by next weekend, will look forward to meeting up with anyone going to Indian.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Is there such a thing as Ice Fishing stalking? - I'm planning on tagging along with whomever is going out. 1st year on the "big" lakes so hoping to find partners.

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

bruce136

• View Profile
Andy, ice fishing is pretty much a social event. Once anyone spots someone on the lake, they will have twenty people around them in an hour. Lol. Anytime I go out, anyone is welcome to join.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's right go out and they will follow, heheh .. hey hopper you should shoot me a text because  I get so many unknown # s  I get weary of junk calls , that way I know who it is.... ;D     
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
Most ice fisherman are easy going and willing to help you out,yeah ok Rick will do.

PKAuD

• View Profile
I'm ready for Nimi! You guys think There will be 3-4" by Friday or Saturday? I can't take it any longer.

Vexilar