Ice Fish Ohio Forum

3 day Ice Fishing Charity Event

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ok guys. I posted my idea in another thread but I want to bring it to the front. I have talked to a few other guys as well that are willing to help out. I want to to do a 72hr ice fishing event. It would most likely start on a Thursday evening and end Sunday evening.This event would be to raise money for local children who are in need. I have not chosen a charity yet but I am looking for one that the money raised will go directly to the children. I want to make sure that the kids get the money or goods that they need, not deadbeat parents that will take the money to buy things they shouldn't(Moron and such). For the event we would go on the ice at the start and not come off for 72 hrs. We could get people to sponsor by the amount of hrs. they can stick it out on the ice. I figure we can sleep in our shanty's or you can bring a tent and set it up to sleep in. As for the bathroom situation I would suggest a BYOB(bring your own bucket) or you would be allowed to leave the ice for certain amount of time. We could also get a port a pot company to sponsor us and we could take one out on the ice and put a small heater n it so its not freezing cold. We could also get other company's to just donate money for our cause. I have always wanted to do an event like this and raise money for children in need. The children are the future. Also its not the child in needs fault that they are in that situation. The children deserve the best then can be given to them. They have no way to improve there own situation. As for food we can just bring sandwiches or we can set up a grill and eat well. I would like to host this event on Wingfoot lake. It is a nice lake and has plenty of parking. Also the park allows people to park and fish over night. I think that we could also get this event broadcast on the news about what we are doing and why. I think if that happens we will want to have it at a nice place that isn't trashed. If people see this huge shantytown set up on TV they will want to come and check it out. When the people come they will need a place to park. That is why I think Wingfoot is the place to do it. Also when these people come I think they will bring donations to also help out what we are doing. Because this is short notice I think  that the show up may be low but this will become a annual event and it will grow bigger and bigger each year. So let me hear all of your ideas and concerns and we can work it all out to make it happen. On the plus side it will give you a reason to get away for a few days doing what you love and helping out a cause while you do it.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I really like the idea.  When were you thinking of doing it?  I'd be interested in joining too.  I don't know if I can last 72 hours, but I'll do what I can. :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I tried to call Dave earlier to make sure dates aren't conflicting with anything else so when he calls me back I will post some dates. As for not being able to last for 72 hrs. That is ok. People can fish for as long as they can. Hopefully that will be part of how we get donations. The longer you stick it out the more we make. If this all happens I think that I will make a custom ice rod and give it to the person who makes it the longest. If we have multiple people that make it the whole 72 hrs.  I will raffle it off between the guys who went the distance.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Any ideas what lake you are looking at having this on, Could do half for wound warriors and another for a kids charity?

I bet you could get some of big name companies to donate something like HT, Vexilar,Clam just a few thoughts.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Good idea,I am willing to donate my time,could maybe talk to my company and get them to give up a furnace or a/c check maybe,keep us posted.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
We could definitely split the donations 50/50. That is a good idea. I plan on having this at wingfoot. Plenty of parking for everyone. Not to far off the beaten path(224) and it is one of the nicest state parks i have ever been to. It is very clean and they have a lot of things to do there. No matter what kind of outdoor sport your into they have you covered. Its a good place for everyone in the family to enjoy. It gets a lot of traffic in and out so that would be more people to come thru and see what we are doing and donate. As for the big companies donating Im not sure if we would have enough time to get all them rounded up. It would be really nice because we could take any items they were to donate and raffle them off or give them to the charity if they would be able to use them. I plan on doing this every year so hopefully we can grow this every year. If anybody has any connections with these companies and would like to make a phone call to them please do.

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Sounds fantastic , should be a good time . Looks like I have to get a cot .

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
@Ntoiceman36. That is a great idea and thank you for your offer of help. I will post up anything that can be done. I am also going to talk to the company I work for to see if they are willing to help out in anyway. Thanks for the idea. I think almost everyone here has a good heart and will see that this is a great way to help out people that need more help then us or are less fortunate then us. Its also a good way to put our lifestyle on the map for everyone to see and that were all not crazy for going on the ice but good people as well

wis2ohio

• View Profile
They might think we are crazy for doing what we do but hay we are having fun and supporting kids and the locals. I can try and get ahold of some of the companies but will wait for the date first before doing so.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll contact some of my sponsors and see if they can put anything up.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It will have to be Feb.23,23,24 or March1,2,3. We cant do it before then because we have the mosquito and berlin tourneys the 2 weekends before that. Im leaning towards th feb. dates because having ice in march doesnt always happen. But the downside to the feb. dates is that is the IFO Erie weekend. I want to give those guys a chance to come to the event. If those guys dont plan on coming to this event then we will do it that weekend. I will wait a day or so for them to speak up and and give there ideas. I think that we should come up with a special logo for all the guys to display as there avatar or in their signature line that make it the whole 72 hrs. That way everyone knows just how hard core you are when they see it. I know I can make it all the way but how many of you think that you can? If we dont get any big sponsors this year I am ok with that as this is all happening short notice. For next year I would like to have some big sponsors that we can give some stuff away. Do a drawing every 6 hrs or so and start with the lower end prizes working your way up to the biggest one at the end. I think this will be a good way to raise money and be able to prove to yourself just how hardcore you are. I really like the idea Wis2ohio had so I think that we are going to do a 50/50 split of the proceeds to the wounded warrior project and to a local childrens charity that we will all pick. That way we are helping the guys that protect all of us and are willing to sacrifice their lives for us and helping the future generation of hopefully icers. I am so excited to make this happen and I am really proud to call all of you my friends. It is so nice to see other guys that love this sport as much as me and are willing to help others out as well. That is what we are all about. Thank you all for helping me with all of this and please keep the ideas coming and let me know what you guys think of the dates. We could do it during any week if that would be better for you all and had a better shot at making this happen when we have ice.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
IFO will donate a Jason Mitchell rod guy or gal who brings in the most cash donations for the cause.

Great Job Hardwaterjunkie for organizing this event!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I'm going Erie Feb 22 weekend but could do March 1st.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
That feb. Weekend some of us ifo guys will be with jump on erie
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
I'm at Erie on the Feb. dates ,but I would sponcer someone a.1.00 an hour.that's 72.00 for sure.  But don't tell my wife.

Vexilar