Ice Fish Ohio Forum

3 day Ice Fishing Charity Event

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I would love to be there if possible,but if not i to will sponser @ 1.00 an hour  and throw in 10lbs ground beef for chille or sloppy joes,yummmeeee
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I would donate too but here we go with this hide it from your wife thread again!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I was gonna donate her but i cant do that to fellow icefisherman! ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I can already tell that there are several of you that that would like to be there but the Feb.Dates will not work so lets go ahead and plan on doing it March 1-3. and pray for ice. I think we have just as good of a chance for those dates as we would for any other. I dont think that 1 week will make a difference with the way this weather has been for the last 2 seasons. Next year I will make sure that we have the best dates possible. Please remember that to fish this event you dont have to fish the entire thing. If you want to go home at night that will be fine. The object of this event is to stick it out the whole 72 hrs straight but if you cant its ok. I just dont want people to be discouraged and not want to fish this if they know they cant go the distance. As for donating your wives,there may be a few wounded warriors that wouldnt mind having them. ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I will either call or email some of the companies today and see what they say.

HWJ would you like me to send you a copy before I email it to them?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If you would like to you can that way we can keep any contacts organized and not have multiple people contacting the same companies.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I' ll get the cot and a hose for my buddy heater . Should be a great time for  good causes. Let's do this.

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
I think it's one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.  BUT I think it should be given a year to develop.  Having set up a couple of charity events and also run a tournament circuit I know how hard it is to get everything together at the last minute. But if it's planned over a year it gives time for more people chip in and help.  It also gives time for advertising.  Hardcore hard water Anglers from out of state may be interested in joining.  I'm sure at least one television station could be covinced to send a camera and several newspapers.  If approached right a radio station could do a live broadcast to bring spectators in.  I'd reccommend a meeting or foroum chat to get all ideas together then get volenteers to look for donations, approach media etc.  This could become huge.  It's something Red Bull might be interested in.  Extreme Ice fishing.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a good idea saugeyemarc, I know running the largemouth series on Erie, it took a while to get sponsors set up.  And if we plan a year in advance, we can schedule our tournaments around the charity event.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
@saugeyemarc. I agree with you on how long it takes to get everything set and to get all of the advertising. As for waiting a year to do this I dont think that is needed. I think if we just do whatever we can it will give us a good start and show us what we need to do and change for next year.I am not planning on this being a huge event this year. This is more of a trial run as it is being done on such short notice. Even though this is a trail run this is also going to raise some money for these charity's. Im sure that they will be happy and except whatever money we make. Something is better then nothing. We can sit here and say to wait a year to make it the biggest and baddest event around or we can get this ball rolling and actually do it. By us actually doing it this year it is going to show all of the potential sponsors that we are serious about what we are doing and that we are for real and it can be and has been done.

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
Thought I'd posted on this yesterday but maybe it didn't go through.  I've had the privlidge over the years to run both charity events and tournament circuits over the past years.  Since it's late in the season already I'd look to have it next year.  This allows a date to be set well in advance with an alternate weekend in reserve just in case.  It gives a year to gather donations as prizes to help attract participants.  I like your March of Dimes entry of getting sponsors to donate by the hour.  I'd create a form for sponsors to fill out so they feel obligated to pay what they offered.  If you can also get a newspaper to cover the event they could list the sponsors names {they all like seeing names in print both business and people it's soulnd business relations}  Red Bull could be contacted since they support exteme sport compitiions and maybe they could pick up the insurance premium which should be gotten.  All it takes is one spectator slipping and a lawsuit becomes reality.  I think a radio station would be interested in doing a live remote to help bring in spectators.  Newspapers and websites should be notified early to help encourage more participants.  Alot can be done in a year to make the first one a banner event and insure more in the future.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
sorry I posted twice had a blonde moment forgot about page two thought maybe post didn't make it.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Ok guys this is a rough draft of what I have typed up I will post it on here for thoughts and open for changes please feel free to tear it apart I won't get hurt if you do.

Hello my name is Andrew Berman and I am contacting you on behalf of a ice fishing website called icefishohio.com we are putting together a charity event that will support groups such as Wounded Warrior Project and also a children’s charity to be named at a later date we are wondering if your company would be willing to donate anything to our great cause so that we can give back to those who have served this great country also we would like to give to children who are less fortunate then us who don’t have the joys we do of  purchasing your great products?

Our event is scheduled for March 1st-3rd this will be a 72 Hr event in which we fish and stay on the ice for the whole time using different ice shacks, poles, heaters, lures to keep ourselves warm and busy during this days the only time we will come off is if people would like to go home that are not equipped to stay on the ice or that have other plans if you have any questions please contact me at

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks good to me!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Since I have not had any other replys about my letter to companies I will send this email to them in the morning as my employeer has things blocked so I can't get on those sites.

Vexilar