Ice Fish Ohio Forum

3 day Ice Fishing Charity Event

ice phisher

• View Profile
HWJ.....JUST A QUICK QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!!! "HAVE YOU CHECKED INTO THE LEGALITY ASPECT OF "PERMITS" TO HOLD THIS AT WINGFOOT "AS THIS IS A STATE PARK"....... POINT BEING THAT I HAVE FISH IN THE BIGGEST TWO ICE FISHING AFFAIRS THAT WERE ON OGF AND WHEN WE HAD THE LARGER EVENT AT WINGFOOT WE WERE CONFRONTED BY A PARK RANGER ON THE ISSUE OF PARK EVENT USAGE PERMITS......"NOT TRYING TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE"... BUT SINCE I HAD PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS .....I JUST THOUGHT I'D TOSS IT YOUR WAY....."THE INCIDENT AT WINGFOOT GOT TAKEN CARE OF.....BUT COULD HAVE GONE A DIFFERENT WAY......SO I'M SURE THAT A PREEMPTIVE CALL JUST MIGHT SAVE ALOT OF HEADACHES LATER ON.......IF YOUVE COVERED THIS (AOK) BUT IF NOT.....SURE BEARS FURTHER INVESTIGATION......GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EVENT AND I'M IN HIGH HOPES THAT IT WILL BE A SUCCESS FOR YOU........
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:12:31 AM by ice phisher »
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
@wis2ohio. Sorry I didnt get back to you until now. Ive been plowing snow since early yesterday morning and i just back got home an hr. ago. Got to love those 24 hr. straight shifts. Your letter looks good. There has been a few things that have been mentioned that is really starting to make me question making this go this year. The main thing being the insurance for if someone was to get hurt that is not participating and didnt file a waiver of liability with us. The last thing I need is someone getting hurt and we all get sued for some reason. I still really want to do this event this season but just on a small scale seeing that we dont have all of that set up. If you guys want to maybe we can just do it for fun this season and see how it goes actually being on the ice for 72 hrs before we get a bunch of sponsors involved. I really need some more imput from you guys on what you think. I have hosted smaller events(around 50 - 100 people) but nothing of this size because of the length of time this events is. With all this snow we have got Ive been running around like crazy plowing and salting and havnt had much time to put into it. I am up for doing it if you guys think we can make it happen.

@ ice phisher. I was at the OGF outing when the thing came about so I was already planning for that. I hosted the IFO get together there 2 seasons ago and i went thru the wingfoot office for permits for that and they were very easy to deal with. I had already planned on stopping in next week and and setting up all the permits with them. Thank you for the reminder.

So lets hear any more ideas that you guys have seeing that we are on a time crunch here. Do you all want to keep pressing forward or should we take the advice and wait to do the charity event next season? Either way I know that I am going to spend 72 hrs straight on the ice no matter what.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Ok I will hold off on sending those emails. As far as people getting hurt part could we make a sign that says enter this area at your own risk we are not liable for anything that happens to you if you are not participating in event?

I figure we might have to get permission from wounded warriors program to use their name in our adds don't wanna step on any toes with an orginazation like that.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Your definitely right. I would not advertise the charitys to the public until we talked to them first. Im sure that they would be fine with it but like you said we dont want to step on any toes. So seeing that we are not going to do it for charity this season are you guys still interested in going out for an extended stay? Im thinking of doing 48 hrs. Go out on a friday evening and come off sunday evening. That way nobody that has the weekends off wont have to take a day off work. If we can get at least 10 guys to do it I will still build a custom ice rod and give it away at the end to whoever makes it the whole time. If we have multiple guys make it we will do a drawing for the winner. We can still plan on doing it for the same weekend or we can do it during the week anytime you guys want.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar