Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Flat Line Lures Blade Bait

Blade Crazy

• View Profile
Hello everyone my name is John Clark and I'm the owner of Flat Line Lures, which makes the Pulse lure. Some of you know me from my Western Ohio Walleye Club days, and some of you have fished against me in walleye and bass tournaments. I have used these experiences along with having been on the Vibe Pro Staff When Bill Henkel, and Jared and his dad owned it, into making this lure.  The Pulse, which is a blade bait lure that has a unique blade and body shape. The double tail gives the lure the deepest and easiest thumping action that I have ever experienced using blade baits. The body has a flat belly to it which gives it a slight side to side action on the fall. I decided to use the epoxy paints that Bill used because I loved the durability it gave his lures and now my lures. I used VMC's clip on treble hooks because they are the best clip on treble hooks on the market. I made a change with the hooks on the 3/16oz baits. They are still the VMC clip on treble hook with the addition of permasteel coating which makes them less corrosive and usable in salt water as well.  My chrome and gold colors are plated not painted. I have received great reviews from the people that have used the bait. My number one goal is to produce a lure that I love and can be proud of. As of now the lure comes in sizes 3/16oz, 1/4oz, and 3/8oz in ten different colors. I will be adding 1/2oz, 5/8oz and some new colors this spring. The 3/16oz and 1/4oz should work great through the ice.
   You can find the stores near you on our www.flatlinelures.com website. Some of you have contacted me wanting to know where you can find them on line. When I started this company I wasn't going to do internet sells, but after talking with some of you and my prostaff.  I decided to add selling lures on the company website. I'm not sure if I will get it up and running before Christmas. I will post a message on the company and this website when I have all the internet sells components ready. As always I'm always open to what colors you would like to see.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Looking forward to puting them to the test, keep us posted , im a huge fan of the vibe and fish with it year round it is a proven performer,  I cant wait to fish with your blade design!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I fished the 3/16th yesterday at Alum. The bait works great.

Vibration is awesome and I noticed that it has a different fall rate. It kind of wobbles side to side as it falls and looks like a dying bait fish.

Maybe John can explain further if my observations are correct.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Just wondering is there any way of doing a video in a fish tank to show how the action is when being jigged and on the fall?

I have never used blade baits and I am interested in trying some but would like to see how they look in the water.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Maybe it can be done. Not sure a fish tank has enough height to work the bait.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Blade Crazy

• View Profile
I have a 50 gal drum I use to test my lures while in my basement. I will shot a video and post it, if I can.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Thanks a lot I would love to see these in action before purchasing.

Vexilar