Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Making ice!!!!

Eyewall · 27 · 13657

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
My buddy drove across causeway today and told me the North side is locked up and the South side has pockets of open water. After the low temps coming this week we should be walking on it in just a matter of days.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thats gettin better,  i like 2 fish the area over by the grave yard  i have a favorite spot if i can remember where the drop is,, my gps is toast so all my favorite places on all my favorite lakes will be the hunt for them...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I hear ya Snowcone, I'm gonna have to deal with the same issues. Because we didnt have ice last year and I didnt use my gps, I forgot to at least check my batterys. I lost my memory and all my waypoints for the last 12 years. Recently I got the Navionics app for my I phone , so it will be easy to get back onto some good area's , but I still feel your pain.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Wow, That has happened to quite a few people. My sd card in my gps took a crap and I lost all my numbers as well. Looks like it will be a fun season of finding new spots to fish.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't have to worry about you guys on my spot!!!  Just teasing.  HWJ, I can help you out at Deer Creek again.  That's the reason I record all my waypoints in a waterproof notebook.  Never lost my data, but better safe than sorry. :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I started to do the same thing 2 years ago at wingfoot. When I would find a good spot I would mark it then when I got home I would write it down in my notebook. Why I didnt keep doing that with other lakes and go back into my gps and transfer to paper I dont know. I started writing them down cause I was scared that some day I would loose my gps or drop it down the hole but I got lazy and would be to tired after a day on the ice then an hr or 2 cleaning fish then logging on to IFO to post the days events I just wouldnt do it. I use to keep a detailed journal of the days events but quit doing it 4-5 years ago. This year Im going to start doing it again. I still enjoy going through my old journals and rereading and reliving all the great memories I had. It also reminds me of lessons learned and help learning a lake for types of lures,colors and sizes depending on the weather warm, cold, sunny, cloudy, barometer readings. It will be nice to leave them to my kids and someday maybe grandkids and they can read them and learn from the lessons that I learned.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well i guess i will have to follow you around slab ...hahahah  oh well maybe groping around i will find some unknown places since i havent iced for so long everything will be different.....

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Just got back from the Lake, I stopped at the 305 ramp. Lake is locked up on south side. I stood on some ice today. I was so happy. I'm thinking this weekend should be a go. Not much snow on ice, probally just from last night, so with the big chill coming, its just a matter of a few days. For that I 'm thankful.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey eyewall the water level must be back ?  glad to hear ice is growing there. 

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
There's some spots on Deer Creek you'd be lucky if you stumbled on.  When that lake locks in, we'll all plan a day and head up there.  I don't mind sharing my spots with a few people.  HWJ knows the general areas, but we can get locked-in again.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Yes the water level looked close to normal.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I heard a report today of guys fishing behind The Causeway close to the rocks. Its all shove ice there and I would assume that it is not very safe and would not want to risk my life for a few fish. Remember to use common sense before heading out and check your own ice. Dont just head out because you heard a report or seen guys fishing. What is safe for 1 person may not be safe for another.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Well said Tim, I myself would never leave from any area with rocks or stumps. Anything that can hold heat I stay away from. Places like boat ramps freeze the last and unfreeze the first. Some people have to learn the hard way I guess. Any object that is exposed to the daytime sun and protrudes from the water is a area to shy away from especially early and late ice.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Tim , are you gonna try to fish North side thi weekend? Im sure gonna try. Im gonna check it out sat, by Lindas snd out of Pike bay.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
This was off 305 ramp Sunday.