Ice Fish Ohio Forum

perch egg ?

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I caught a few perch tonight and after cutting on open I found she was full of  eggs. Question is can anything be done with them or are they junk?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Did somebody say caviar?? ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
They can be fried my dad loved fried eggs from fish. A lot of the crappies I have been getting have had eggs.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Just dont eat Gar eggs, suckers will have you with your face hung over the porcelain throne all day! no I this isnt from person expirianced, just for what others have told me
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Also supposedly after you can't puke anymore, you start tripping with hulluciations and crazy stuff like that too
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In memory of my dad, I Still fry em up once or twice a season with scrambled eggs
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:37:22 PM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
oh yeah fried eggs,,,yummy..i used to love getting female eyes in the spring full of eggs and cookin them up with breakfast
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I pitched them I am not one to venture and try newer things like that. Thanks all for your imput.

Vexilar