Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Growing Wax Worms

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am just wondering if anyone has ever grown their own wax worms with any success and if so do you still do it and is it worth the time and were did you purchase the materials to do it?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ive been wanting to do this but my wife doesnt want them growing in the house. She lets me do whatever else I want to but when it comes to grubs see says no. All my bait stays in bait pucks so they cant get out. lol. When I was looking into growing them Iwas go to order from the link below. Even though I have vever used them I have heard alot of good things about them. If you decide to do it let us know how it goes.

http://www.waxwormkit.com/
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I was thinking about doing that too.  Love waxworms for the crappies, they're killer.  Sometimes the bull bluegill take them well also.  Depends on the day, but I normally use both and see what the fish prefer.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar