Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Thoughts on propane power augers

PKAuD · 20 · 12429

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Im not sure what this video proves, thats a gas eskimo,propane jiffy. Poorguy with the jiffy gets wet feet.I bet he wished he bought a Eskimo HC40 propane after he sat down to fish.Wonder if both had new or sharp blades? Hillbillly youtube comparison videos can be so misleading.. I want to race this guy(20holes) with my Eskimo propanehc40 and compare clothes dryness,deafness and a back pain test afterwords. I win! And have an extra 100 bucks in my pocket!

The video proves that a if you spend $240.00 more on an auger it will be faster.  Watch my $240 worth of lures catch more fish, faster!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Can you use a propane power on lakes that do not allow gasoline or electric only?
Born to fish.   No plan B.

fishingful

• View Profile
I would think so. Unless your not allowed to have a heater or lantern there.....

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Not many signs posted in the parking lots about heaters.  That would just be outright mean.  i will have to look into them just out of curiosity.  Too expensive to buy another power auger but see how allowing them on electric only lakes is a nice feature.
Thanks.
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Garyoutlaw

• View Profile
I have been reading every bit of info I could find on the web for propane augers & finally found a deal from an unlikely local source - Dick's (online) was offering 15% off with free shipping for Columbus Day & I will receive score card rewards later in the mail. After tax I was able to get the Eskimo 8" for just shy of $400 -  Now I'll be tortured till ice season wanting to play with my new toy

Vexilar