Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Custom ice rods

jmsteele187

• View Profile
This year I decided to do something a little different.  I wanted to make some of the gifts a gave this year.  So I made some ice rods for my girlfriend and a few other ice fishermen I know.  I obviously had to build one for myself as well, lol.  The rods are turning out better than I ever thought they would.  Hers is a 28" composite panfish rod, that I think would also work very well as a deadstick rod for perch.  The one I made for myself is a 26" panfish rod, that I built on a solid fiberglass power noodle blank.  I used titanium recoil guides and paired it with a black Betty 6061 reel.  I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I am taking orders as well.  They are built to order, and prices according to your specs.  These a very high quality rods.  I'm trying to upload pics, but have had trouble with it all day.  I'll post them as soon as I figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Lol.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I can't seem to figure out how to load pics.  None of the ways I've tried have worked.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm having the same problem. I'll look into it.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
I would like to see them, but I would like a shorter version.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
How short, Quackpot?  I can get shorter blanks and they can be cut down.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I can also email pics to anyone, just pm me your email address if interested.

Bryan

• View Profile
Text them to me and I'll post them. 260-223-090NINE (the number on my shirt LOL!)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:21:58 PM by Bryan »
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I just saw this.  I'll send them in the morning, it's a bit late to text.

Garyoutlaw

• View Profile
How about a Walleye rod that will handle 1oz jigging raps ?

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Sorry for the delay on a response.  In short, yes I can make a medium heavy rod that will handle your 1oz baits.  However, that kind of rod could get rather pricy, especially if you go with the nice recoil guides.  These guides are very lightweight, but also very durable.  They just come at a cost.  Message me with what you'd like in a rod and I can get you a quote.  With the recoil guides, cork handle, and a 36" for blank the rod would run around $120.  Most of the cost is in the guides.

Vexilar