Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wallace Lake

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Just an FYI there was a large trout stocking at Wallace Lake in Berea a couple of days ago.  Most use powerbait on hooks to get their catch but I like the powerbait on a small pimple or lightweight vertical spoon.

Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sweet , i have a trick for ya use a #4 hook with a big juicy night crawler and no sinker no nothing , just pitch it out and set your rod down when it settles ( if it lasts that long) take a couple winds to take up the slack but dont take it all up leave it loose , and when you see a twitch next thing your line will take off let it run a second and when all your slack is gone lip lock that rascal.....   old trick from trout fishin many years... try it ... you may be suprised ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
i have good luck casting a small green & gold cicada if there aren't many snags. cast it out & jig it back. passes the time with a dead stick out & puts a lot of fish in my basket. velveta cheese is another good bait.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
There is no way I could use cheese as bait. I would end up eating it all before i had a chance to bait my hook. lol. For stocked trout I have always done good using snowcones method. I have had better luck with a slightly smaller hook with red worms instead of crawlers though
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
say h w j ....glad your ok buddie.....yeah i should try the small worms , the reason i use the big ones is so i can cast with no weight.....i dont know wallace lake, wherever there is a hard bottom thats where those trout will roam....look for surface activity just before dark....i have fished for trout a long time, stocked , naturals  ect... when there idle you can drop food on their nose and zip, but   bam ...when they turn on they will eat like mad dogs.......hehe :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar