Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Jason Mitchell Rods

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
At first I was a big happy camper with these rods and did a ton of research online but went out about 10 times this year and three of the four are frayed or broken.  It's not like they were under the garage door when I closed it and all my St. Croix and HT are just fine.  Don't want to blast a sponsor but buyer beware they are just not up to standards in my humble opinion.  Calling them tomorrow to see if I can get my money back but did fill out the warranty form so I will end up with three new poor quality rods.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Been there. First because I did shut a door on the rod but then because I hooked into a snag and splintered then broke the rod off from the handle.

That said, I can't think of a better customer service experience as when I called Jason Mitchell Guide Services...Jason answered :) I mentioned I was a pro staff member with IceFishOhio.com and he treated me well.

Jason Mitchell, Clam, and Vexillar supported our site since day one, before it even made sense to. They took a chance on us so we should return the favor and take a chance on their product.

I am looking forward to seeing how your new rod performs as I just got mine in the mail and it seems that the issues have been corrected.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Talked to Clam and they are replacing all my rods for free without me having to send them in.  That was very nice on their part and she said a shipment that went out was bad so of course I ended up with those.  Great customer service and she even let me switch to a couple other different rods I wanted in replacement.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I have been using them for the last 4 years and only had one problem with the meat stick and that was because i was tying my jig down and keeped the tip under tension which made the tip week.

Jason Replaced it and I have never had any problems since. I am sure that bad batches can happen.

I am glad they took care of you.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar