Ice Fish Ohio Forum

edges will be toast

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't believe how warm it is out. Just let the dog out. Anywhere the sun hits the ice, especially at the shoreline the edges will be gone. Anyone out today or tomorrow please use caution!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Hillbilly

• View Profile
i saw ice melt and disappear this year unlike i ever seen before. Hard clear, glass ice go from 7" to 4" in 24 hours, no rain, and only mild temps and wind

Maybe Al Gore was right with global warming? Naw, but dont ever take ice for grantit.
If i had trusted my years of experience, i would have walked out onto some stuff that would have got me wet or worse. Spudding and drilling holes dont lie, do yourself the favor, and check it, alot. Late ice is always dicey, and this year, it seems to be extremely so.

fishingful

• View Profile
We were out today. Watched it do it's thing. It's like it's March. All the snow melted and started to bubble and turn grey.Going to get one more day in. It will hold through tomorrow. After that idk

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Everything looks good where I'm at at portage lakes,on the ice now
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
edges were going at nimi c-5 got off with a plank at 1;30
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile
Central Ohio ice is sketchy at best around the edges. I'm done for this round. Be extremely careful if you do go out. Wear your picks and spud, spud and spud some more. No fish is worth risking your life. A gentleman went through tonight in a 2 ft. of water and had a bad time of it and his buddies had us call 911. Luckily he is OK and didn't require a trip to the hospital so use extreme caution and err on the side of SAFETY!!!

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
edges were still good today at osp,no sun or rain so far today.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
oh boy here we go again
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah me too  ;D   maybe I need a big floating platform  like those guys ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar