Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hot Lure this season sofar

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just thought I'd pass this tip along to fellow icers:

I've been having nice success with a Mini-Rapala catching some nice Bull Bluegill, Crappies and a few Large Mouth Bass at Nimisila this season.  Went out 3x last week and it's help fill the bucket.

Here's a couple of pics:
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Where can I get those small clips to tie on lines so I don't gotta retie all the time?
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Most Tackle Shops carry them along with Gander Mtn, Cabella's, Bass Pro Shops
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
john you switched out the treble hook to a larger one didnt you?
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Those are great little lures, got a couple crappie last week at Deer Creek on them. And yes, that hook looks bigger!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I'll have to try mine out the next time I'm able to hit the ice.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Did you do the fine detailing on it yourself? I've only seen them in plain red/chrome without any pattern on it
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No changes on the lure whatsoever.  Used it right out of the box. Fishing it clean, without any live bait. 

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here's a pic of the rest of my mini-jig assortment:

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I have one in the UV orange tiger color, really like them but the suckers are expensive and add up quick if you start a real large selection of sizes and colors

Vexilar