Ice Fish Ohio Forum

rod holders

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
has anyone bought and used the jigger totter? how did it work?I like the concept of it.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
never used the jigger totter, looks kinda complicated for my taste, I prefer something that just holds the rod horizontal so I can keep the line with just enough pressure on it that there's no slack in it, so I can watch the rod tip while I jig in the other hole. I actually just made a holder from stuff in the garage that I'm really proud of, it's nothin fancy, but i didnt have to go out and buy anything and it does exactly what I want it to do so that's why I like it
I'll post pictures of it tomorrow, it would cost maybe $6 to get the materials to make and it attaches solid to my bucket
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
yeah i built some years ago out of wood and cut V notches in the top to hold the rods,but kind of cumbersome to haul around. I just bought one from fish usa that hooks on the bucket,now when im rebaiting or unhookig a fish i dont have to lay the rod on the ice.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Yea I hate laying them on the ice, they freeze up with snow in the small gaps of the reel
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

Vexilar