Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Airboat to SBI or Guide to Green/Rattle

DrData · 7 · 5702

DrData

• View Profile
I want to make a trip or two to Erie from Columbus.

I have a couple of questions for veterans:

Do you need to reserve an air boat ride to the island or do they run like taxis back and forth all day?

I would be equally interested in a guide who fishes the Green/Rattle area. (Invitation to PM me) Shelter is not a requirement as crazy as that sounds being out to me is part of the experience.

I have walked to Green from Catawba before and fished but that was under some pretty good conditions. I know what the 911 line is and why it is called that. I just thought I would enjoy ice fishing more without the 6 mile walk with my cheeks squeezed together in fear!

threeten

• View Profile
there are guides running out of Catawba,saw them yesterday. didn't think to get a name or contact info though.
you do need a reservation for ride to the island. HARDWATER CHARTERS

eyeguy1

• View Profile
No way you need to go to Green to catch fish . Word is Camp Perry fish are being caught 2 miles out in 17 ft of water . The same distance due west of the Catawba Pier will put you on fish also . Everyone thinks the farther out the better but that's not the case . In past years we have done well less then a mile out of Catawba in 14-15ft of water . Guys were riding past us to go further out while we limited in that area .

Dale

DrData

• View Profile
Thanks threeten and eyeguy, I have struggled to mark fish there off of catawba. Southwinds will keep me home this weekend but next I am going to hit it.  Maybe I just need to find a guide for hardwater in close. I know the green/rattle area better from softtwater fishing and I do just fine :)

floater99

• View Profile
Threeten did you see any one running a shuttle out of park.Im waiting for wind to die and head up to my trl for a few days,fingers crossed.

threeten

• View Profile
Threeten did you see any one running a shuttle out of park.Im waiting for wind to die and head up to my trl for a few days,fingers crossed.
haven't seen that yet! only a matter of time though!
I'll be up later in the week,auger mount broke last trip and waiting for the wind to settle,see how the snow affects travel.

Vexilar