Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Camp Perry Closed to Public Ice Fishing

fishingful

• View Profile
Camp Perry Closed to Public Ice Fishing
November 10, 2015
Port Clinton, OH – Due to facility damage incurred as a result of excessive use during the 2014-15 ice fishing season, Camp Perry officials have determined it necessary to prohibit public use of the area for ice fishing from this date forward.
Should conditions become feasible for ice fishing, parking access will be granted to guests staying overnight in a Camp Perry Lodging facility ONLY. Parking in designated areas will be authorized by display of facility-issued parking permits only. All others will be towed at the owner’s expense.

Supposed to be a press release coming out this week about it.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Is this land private or state owned?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Duuber

• View Profile
It looks like it might be State property with Federal support.

The Camp Perry Lodging and Conference Center is run by the Adjutant General's Department, State of Ohio. We are located on the Camp Perry Military Reservation, on the shores of Lake Erie, near Port Clinton, Ohio. The Lodging and Conference Center overlooks beautiful Lake Erie and is an ideal location to hold an all-week conference, a one-day workshop, business meeting, wedding reception, or any gathering of friends and associates. Our facility is capable of accommodating groups from 10 to 500. If you have any questions about the Lodging or Banquet Reservations, this website should answer your questions. If not you can call us at (888) 889-7010 or email us at [email protected]
Born to Fish - Forced to Work

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I stayed there last winter,it has very nice lodging at a reasonable rate. Reserved a transient room,room had a bed,cabinet,TV with cable,small kitchenette with fridge,you share a bathroom all for   $40 bucks . Access to the lake was easy,take your ride off the trailer and away you go,no fighting for a parking spot. I'm really surprised they didn't make this move sooner. I guess as long as you rent a room your still good though,it's worth it!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

fishingful

• View Profile
I believe it's a national guard base. Looks like when I go up I will get a room. My dad lives 4 miles or so from it. But may be worth it.

g

• View Profile
The rooms were nice for the price. Ntoiceman36 and me stayed there one weekend when nowhere else had available rooms.Was the first time I went out from there. Pulled the sled off the trailer in the parking lot and was allowed to drive the short distance down the road and onto the ice. Definitely beat having to be at Catawba or Crane Creek by 5:00 am to get a parking place. Comfortable and convenient.

Saw guy

• View Profile
Good luck getting a room when the lake freezes. And the prices you quoted will be a thing of the past. Supply and demand.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Guess it's possible saw guy,or its gonna get harder to find parking elsewhere ! Guess the prices could change but they have lots of rooms. Time will tell.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Saw guy

• View Profile
Crazy how many people go out there. A guide my friend was talking to said no way it will last. Not sure what would make them change their mind.

g

• View Profile
Curious as to what damage was done to the facility. When Ntoiceman36 and I stayed there, there were less than a dozen vehicles in theroom rental building. Hopefully the entire lake will freeze again so more access points are available.

toadfish

• View Profile
This may continue in other areas if those who use the lake accesses do not respect the rules.  I fished from Camp Perry with a guide last season and the area has limited parking close to the beach.  There was no parking on the beach due to problems in the past.

Does anyone know how to contact them to reserve rooms?
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I found them listed under camp perry conference center. There is a post in general discussion I think from last season with a link to them.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Here's the number for camp perry conference center 888 889 7010
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

toadfish

• View Profile
Thanks Ntoiceman.  I'll search the site and also try Google.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar