Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Shanty City

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Wow , I just fished the weekend at several different spots and when I came up to Oconners I thought that the people in the houses moved into shanties, there must have been 40 or more shanties set up. With that being said please guys and gals remember we are visitors on the lake and we should repect the people who live there, I have a co-worker who lives on Long Island and he has told me several times that those people who live there try harder and harder every year to block us from parking along side the road.The main reason is the trash , human waste and dead fish we leave behind I know I preach this subject in most of my post but if we dont police ourselves the law will and i dont think we can win that battle. I'm sure that who ever shit in the bucket again this year at Oconners thinks it's funny but when we lose that area who is going to laugh last?

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
So you do have to park at Long Island to get to O'Connors.

IceFishOhio.com
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 You can but there are a few and I mean very few places at Oconners, but if the guys who keep shittin in a bucket and leaving it behind keep coming around we wont have a place to park.You have to plan your day around parking right now, I get there at 6-6:30 in the morning during the week and on the weekends I get there @ 5-5:30

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
How far do you walk and in what direction from Long Island.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar