Ice Fish Ohio Forum

another trick from up nort'

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
went to michigan 2 years ago. leagally you're allowed 2 lines, 2 tip ups, 2 rods or 1 of each. they had record high temps that week, the same week the guys got stranded on erie. my buddy hooked up with a guy who fished  tournaments and he was catching walleyes. he said fish where there was still snow on the ice. the snow kept it darker.80 feet of water, the lake was 9 miles long and 4 miles wide. i don't think he was legal, he'd jig a while, then jump in his truck, and check his tipups across the lake. being mobile is easy when you can drive your truck to where you wanna fish. shallower water, fish in the snow drifts.

gmjohn81

• A Vexilar ahaulic!!!!
    • View Profile
went to michigan 2 years ago. leagally you're allowed 2 lines, 2 tip ups, 2 rods or 1 of each. they had record high temps that week, the same week the guys got stranded on erie. my buddy hooked up with a guy who fished  tournaments and he was catching walleyes. he said fish where there was still snow on the ice. the snow kept it darker.80 feet of water, the lake was 9 miles long and 4 miles wide. i don't think he was legal, he'd jig a while, then jump in his truck, and check his tipups across the lake. being mobile is easy when you can drive your truck to where you wanna fish. shallower water, fish in the snow drifts.
Very good trick of the trade to share.  What lake are you speaking of?  I recently moved to Ohio from MI 3 months ago.  Last year the law changed to 3 lines instead of two.  In MI, yes its illegal to leave any fishing device unattended.  Ive seen numerous people do that same thing and get busted.  The CO's would sit on shore of bigger lakes and watch for that stuff.  Great post!!! 
A bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work...Until you fall in!

Vexilar