Ice Fish Ohio Forum

3/01 quad? catawba/crane?

smf8880 · 11 · 8170

smf8880

• View Profile
Hey guys me and a buddy were gonna come up Saturday morning with his quad and would like some advice on where to put in at. We usually walk it but would like the option of moving around quicker if it's even an option still. Any info would would be appreciated!  Thanks!

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
If you want big fish and a shorter drive, catawaba. If you want more and smaller fish and about double the run. Crane.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

smf8880

• View Profile
So still 2 miles out of catawba and 4 outta crane? I've only fished  outta catawba. I was just concerned about crossing the cracks with quad after reading some of the reports is all

old man

• View Profile
thanks! them are really great photos and link! got co2 poisoned two days ago due to older un- updated propane heater! close call for this old man. do you guys use co2 detectors in your shantys? what brands? after google search found my older units caused some deaths and lawsuits. be carefull!

smf8880

• View Profile
Thanks for the link, i saw that thread and was thinking we'd be better off going farther west just have to go out a little farther.

eyeguy1

• View Profile
Believe me there are PLENTY of BIG FISH 6 plus miles out of Crane Creek . SO funny to here that Bigger fish are out of Catawba when I have not herd of one 14lb plus fish come from that area but have personally seen 5 just the past week out of Crane . Our last few times out with 3 and 4 guys limit with all 8lb plus fish .

Yes the numbers are also better out of Crane as well .If you want smaller 2-4 lb fish , fish within 4 miles and you will get them as well .No current to deal with out of Crane either .

Dale

smf8880

• View Profile
Yeah two weeks ago we fished outta catawba and pulled 18 only 2 were under 29"  and the rest were 8-10# range, no real hogs to brag about. We're do we put in at crane? And what depths are you fishing at? Thanks

Basshawk

• View Profile
Im probably a prick for pointing it out but you mean CO not CO2, carbon monoxide vs carbon dioxide. Just couldn't miss out on the chance to show everyone how smart I am lol

Pinnacle

• View Profile

Vexilar