Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Reminiscing......

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Since I can't get out on the ice right now, as I sip my morning coffee I'm thinking of previous ice fishing trips! 
My favorite of recent memory was a trip 3 years ago to portage lakes. I got a bass over 21 inches, a crappie over 14" and a bluegill that was 10" all the same day. Different areas of the lake, but all walked to from leaving my truck at the same starting point. My legs were tired that day, but it was so worth it!!  All the fish came on a 1/100 oz orange gill pill type jig with multicolored spikes on it.  My clam reel, Jason Mitchell rod, and 2 pound line worked flawlessly. The bass scared me, the jig popped out of his mouth in the hole, but the ice was so thick that year he got stuck and I reached in and got him out for weights and pictures before returning him. Probably got over 150 fish that day ahead of a big snowstorm. A lot were dinks, but the 3 big ones made it a day to remember!!
Are there any trips that stand out in your minds???  Love to know.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well now , I do remember the day at nimi where I caught  68 cats in one day , looked like a massacre at my shed...but my bud was happy for the fish, spread the love   right?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:25:13 AM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Snocone I believe you exceeded the daily bag limit for that trip. The whiskered walleye is an abundant species in nimi though, thanks for sharing
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeh what a day , I had to look up the acreage for nimi and see how many cats ya can keep on a certain size water for there. there are regs for that stuff but who would ever think I would have to look it up while I was fishing.  I sorta kept this one to myself for fear of whiskered wally jokes   right?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PLX- North Reservoir a few years back: Smack Dab in the Middle of a blinding snowstorm, no shanties., Me and 2 buddies were catching gills as fast as we could drop the line... Bare Hooks too! Never had another experience like it.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar