Ice Fish Ohio Forum

fish recipes

crv423 · 4 · 3067

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
does anyone have a fish recipe they would like to share with everyone, next to icefishing eating what i caught comes in 2nd.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

JustNutts

Made this tonight and its one of the BEST fish recipies ive ever eaten anywhere! And for you guys who turn your nose up at trout TRY IT, you WILL like it.
Only take out backbone, and ribcage and take off head. Leave smaller bones and tail.

6 trout
3/4c bread crumbs
1 egg
2tbsp butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
6oz crab meat
1/2tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
pepper

mix it all up, stuff the fish. Only take out backbone, and ribcage and take off head. Leave smaller bones and tail. Bake 10 min then broil 10 min. This fish will melt in your mouth, with no bones and nothing but good food.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
i've had this before, got the recipe from north am. fishing club cookbook, this is the only way ive found to eat trout it is delicous!
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Icebug84

• View Profile
http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2009/08/cooking-panfish-chowder

Check this link out for a good fish chowder recipe. I tried it, only instead of panfish I used walleye, and instead of boiling corn cobs to make the stock i just added frozen corn from last years garden. It turned out realy well. I usually just fry fish, which is also good, but it is nice to try new stuff once and a while. let me know what you think
Kyle

Vexilar