Ice Fish Ohio Forum

snowmobiles

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Well its time for the sleds to start buzzing us again, with the snow coming so will they. I know there is plenty of room on the lake but for some unknown reason they always seem to want to be where we are fishing. Wouldn't bother me so much if they would just slow down. I know as with all things in life it's not all that are bad but the bad ones leave the sour taste in your mouth. Two or 3yrs ago I was fishing in blackhawk, sleds were buzzing by us all day and into the evening, couple of guys built a snow fort on the ice to block them and also drilled a bunch of holes in the ice and stuck huge limbs in them, the next day the park rangers was out there trying to find out who done it. They never found out but did say theyv(the sleds ) do have a speed limit limit on them while in the channels. I dont know what the limit is or how they would enforce it . Enjoy the lake with respect!

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Two things to keep in mind 1 the snowmobiles have a right to be there an 2 most snowmobilers live on the lake and there is no way they are gonna bust them for speeding or any thing else it is just like when a pontoon bust a no wake and watercraft does nothing but let you create a ripple in a bass boat and they are all over you
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
On Sunday we were fishing Cranberry. CRV and I were the only ones on the ice. We were 40 yards apart and this snowmobile kept running between us going to the bar.

I wonder if they have to stay a certian distance away from ice fisherman?

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar