Ice Fish Ohio Forum

wingfoot

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
sounds like you had a great day. how big were the perch?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

spoonchucker

• View Profile
we got 7 between 8-12 1/2 inchs... what we noticed was that its a perch, bluegill thing in the morning, then in the afternoon it seemed to be all crappie. my kid was sight fishing, so he showed me up. my eyes just arent what they use to be

ice phisher

• View Profile
spoonchucker.......Glad you and your son got in on some action.....You said you fished in 12 feet of water.....Were you out nearer the islands or closer to the bouy area?.....I'm also glad your son is getting in on the sight fishing.......Not very many places ya can do that well....need just the right water clarity....I've spent thousands of hours doing just that .....sight fishing and there isn't a better method to learn ice fishing and fish behavior .....Those experience will last your son in lessons learned all the rest of his life....Glad he has a dad to take him.....Good fishin and fish safe.....
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

spoonchucker

• View Profile
we were looking for the 16 ft hole but didnt make it out far enough, we were closer to the islands than anyone else was and we would have moved but at first it was nonstop action, couldnt get my second pole in the water. after it slowed down he had me drill a few holes out further, but could only find 1 ft deeper. was wondering if the depths on the map were correct or not. i was sight fishing til my eyes started hurting, then he would tell me when they were headed my way and sure enough they would be there. also had a school of bluegill suspended in about 5-6 feet below us pass through with a few takers. i think the only clearer water i have seen was in Kippiwa up in Canada

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
The maps are correct, there is actually bouys out there the farthest one is the 15-16FOW and the closer one is in the 12-13 range..
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

Vexilar