Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where to go

Phil Carver

• View Profile
Well the snow finally quit flyin and all my plowing is finally done after a 30 hour stretch. No I am ready to hit the water. What lakes are producing some eyes or perch ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
indians been slow for me, although i've seen a few caught, i herd of some doing reel well at buckeye, today was the first day i've herd of anyone fishing alum, i'll give it a try tommorrow and let u know.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
kiser lake gave up a few fish for me today. caught one crappie one nice perch and a dozen keeper gills.
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey Phil,

Doug Stewart has been on fish at Buckeye.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Indy is doing pretty good, I got a limit wed ,4 thursday and a limit friday, Didn't fish sat but went Sunday ,caught 10 but only kept 3. The bite is very short lived, maybe an hour at the most and mainly in the evening. I have a vexilar and when the bait fish move in the eyes do follow. Size and color had mattered very much so. Orange and yellow has been the best 3/16 once, and hot pink did well for me today. I fished Oconners Sun and most of the people in the shanties zeroed out, they were probally a little too close to each other and alot of moving around, they were only in 4-6 ft of water where I was in the 8-10ft range. Good Luck

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I was one of the guys in a shanty last night- fished Moundwood with Blue in about 3-4 ft of water- got skunked- that might be why..

That's Deep for Indian- is O'Connor's a place that you can easily access parking wise or do you hve to do lot's of walking to get there?

I have heard that you have to park at Long island and walk clear across the lake to get to O'connor's point cause parking is limited...is that true?
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar