Ice Fish Ohio Forum

North Reservoir/Portage Lakes Monday 2/25

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Subject: Ice & Fish Report: North Reservoir - Monday Feb 25, 2013

Met Ronnie & James at North Rez following the end of my night shift. at 7:45 am. The reason we wanted to try North was we saw 2 guys in shanties on North the day before & decided to give it a shot). Ice was good and solid, but only 3"-4".

Fished off the handicapped area amongst the sunken christmas trees in 6'-8'foot of water. All of us lost some pin-mins on tree snags. The bite was steady in the morning, but gradually tapered off as the clear skies and brite sun shown. Three other guys showed up including the two guys who fished it yesterday.

Ronnie fished with minnows and hardly got a nibble. The majority of the gills and crappie were caught on MAGGOTS. Mousejam James caught most of the crappie

Nephews Mark & Derrick walked out on the ice checking on us.

Between the 6 of us, we probably caught over a 100 gills... kept only 30 and 7 legal crappie. They guys were kind enough to let me have all the fish. Keepers were filleted while the dink gills were put into the garden & compost bin.

Got checked by the ODNR Summit County Wildlife Officer while in the parking lot. All the crappie were legal size... min 9".

It was the 5th time out on the ice for me (4x Nimisila).

Fished till 2:00pm. Ice conditions were deteriorating quickly.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:55:13 PM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice job guys  ;D great batch of fish... my women and i have already eaten the fish i got sat.... ;D ;D ;D but nice report. these are the great reports we get when everyone gets out on ICE  heheheh........most of my perch were on minnows...really wanted a cat fish... :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you made it out.  Very nice batch of fish, hope ice holds into the weekend....  Really want to go one more time at least.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

rollerguy

• View Profile
thanks icebucketjohn now this is what an ice report is supose to be great job

Vexilar