Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Atv

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
Do you have to have a sticker/plate for your ATV when on Lake Erie or accessing the lake from state parks? I've heard yes and no... Any input would be great.. Dont feel like getting any tickets.. Thanks.
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I believe if you are on private property you do not need a plate or sticker for your ATV.  I just got plates last week and was told that if you are on public property like Catawba State Park you do need a plate or can be ticketed.  Your ATV needs to have lights and a muffler to get the plates at least that was the question they asked at the BMV.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

phishyone1

• View Profile
Thanks Futurestader... I've never had a problem myself over the years but heard they were issuing tickets recently.. So I'm gettin mine tomorrow... I just called.. Its like 40bucks for three years.. Better safe I guess...Thx again.
Thank you,

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Yeah just another tax from the government.  I heard at Catawba they were giving warnings but issuing tickets now.  Very slushy out there and a ton of snow so an ATV is not really going to help.  I was out there last Sunday and it was a complete mess.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

phishyone1

• View Profile
Yeah i was out there last sunday too. Travel sucked. Couldnt get to the fish. Walked out of miller today to see if it was any better for travel since sun. Quads were geting around pretty good... Iced one eye and one perch and missed two bites. Talked to a few guys.  Very slow bite today. Not many people out either.. I think the cold has got the fish tight lipped. Going tomorrow too. Cant catch em from the couch........... I almost want to go to Crane but I'm not.. Heard better report that way from one guy..
Thank you,

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
phishyone pm me please I have a question for you
Thanks in advance.
Jim
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

phishyone1

• View Profile
Never made it out today.. :'(
Thank you,

ledhed

• View Profile
I witnessed them writing tickets at Whites Landing and that is a private ramp.

Vexilar