Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fam before Fish yo

Banker · 6 · 3117

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
You've heard the ole adage "Bro's before Ho's" well we know that sometimes that simply is not true. Another thing I would like to say and stand behind is "Family before Fishing" but just like the first statement sometimes priorities in life get skewed by hobbies like ice fishing.

The situation, we are all used to being on ice about now and we are itching more than ever to get out on ice even if a little unsafer than we are usually comfortable with..willing to sacrifice a little more time with the family to spend hours making up for the week we missed out on this year.

My Challenge to all Dad's, Husband's, and Significant others, I have a feeling that first ice and Christmas will come at about the same time this year. Some of us will have to make a decision between spending time with the people we love and spending time doing the thing that we love. I challenge us all, including me, to think of our last day on this earth and what we will look back on with more guilt..Man I wish I spent more time ice fishing while I was alive...or man I wish I spent more time with the people that loved me. :)

Maybe the solution is taking your kids out with you or doing a half day or heck...waiting till the in laws leave to enjoy first ice...either way try to focus on what matters most this season..

Family before Fishing.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
well said.  i dont make it out but maybe once a week while ice is on and that is b/c of family.  would like to go more yes, but is it worth the trouble it will cause with family, no.  but you bet as soon as my kids are old enough to enjoy it, they will be out with me and then i can finally get the momma out on the ice")

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
My kids are old enough now so we wait and go to the local lakes every week and analize the situation.  Its fun and if we never get ice so be it then we wait until next year but don't fret it will come!!!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
 :)just like going fishing on Sunday morn. I won't go before church and family.  Every time I tried to in the past somthing always goes wrong, like bad luck. So i make sure to take care of my obligations first then it seems fishing is more enjoyable.  When I do what the family wants to do, then they let me go to enjoy my sport and will even go with me or send me with their blessings.  Makes things much better. ::)

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed with all of you guys.  I don't have kids, so that frees up some time for me.  I work construction, so during ice season, I'm normally not working.  That gives me the chance to get out pretty often during the week, but on the weekends my wife and I try to set aside one of the days to do something together.  For some reason she doesn't think sitting on a frozen lake is fun! ??? ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Well said Banker.  I have some friends who would say that is a good reason not to get married and have kids.  They have no idea what they are missing though.  The companionship of a good wife and kids that just keep you going each day is priceless to me.  Would I like to be fishing more, sure, but I wouldn't sacrifice the relationship with my family for it.

Come on ice!

Vexilar