Ice Fish Ohio Forum

9:35 sat ice reports buckeye

fool4fish

• View Profile
Just stopped at bait shop several groups already out another daily fisherman said eight to nine solid
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

muskarp

• View Profile
Wow! Where is this at? Did you check personally or is this the bait shop report? We stopped at FFB yesterday morning about 10am. No fisherman. We walked out past the island. Questionable ice the entire way with lots of holes from melting snow and rain. We stayed 10 minutes and headed for better ice up north.

Even though most area's had 8" of ice. The top 4-5" were honeycombed and crumbled easily. I can't imagine yesterday's wind, sun and warm temperatures improved the ice's condition. I will not be surprised to hear of somebody getting wet today. Far from "solid".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:26:25 AM by muskarp »

fool4fish

• View Profile
Popped 26 holes all over the place about 10 groups at most didnt get wet although you could use  planks at shore in morn  fished 10a -7 pm
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Went out from Fairfield beach and the only place I saw was the first 3 feet from shoreline. I walked all over out there today. There was a couple spots had standing water on it but ice was good around it. Going to be a little problem close to shore in the morning. Saw about 25-30 people all over fishing. Disclaimer: Of course no such thing as safe ice. We caught eyes on just a small ice jig tipped with waxworms. No eyes on pimple, Vibee, or jigging rapala. Really surprised to have as many hook ups with just an ice jig. Like fool4fish said, lot of catfish. I finally decided to go near the marsh bog. Got into some nice gills. Wish I would have went there sooner in the day. Also had two eyes on in about 7' near the bog. Gills caught on jigs tipped with wax worms. Looke like the tip up people were doing good. Saw about a 5-6 pounder caught.

Vexilar