Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anyone seen buckeye recently?

fishinjared

• View Profile
Has anyone checked buckeye at all? Is it locked up or still open water?? I'm itching!!

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Was there today. Locked up but ice not quite ready. 2 1/2 inches at 3 pm today. I spudded around but didn't feel comfortable and figure should be ok by maybe tues. 3-4 inches of snow on top isn't helping things and more on the way tommorrow.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

fishinjared

• View Profile
Thanks for the info I can't believe there's that much snow! Might have to go out with a snow blower and clean that ice off :)

hoplovestofish

• View Profile
Read this morning on OGF, that Fairfield Beach area is very hazardous. I was hoping to try it this afternoon, however I am an hour away, and though I'm dying to get on the ice, i"m not going to chance it, hop
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:37:09 AM by hoplovestofish »

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Back at Buckeye this morning. The point at Fairfield is only an inch thick.  The beach area going out was only 2 1/2 in and thinning as you go out. Harbor hills was the same.  Seems like ice is the same as it was on Sunday.   Not lookin good boys....not lookin good. Snow is 4-5 in thick and ice is sketchy at best.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

Vexilar