Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Camp Perry 3/8 and 3/9

fishingful

• View Profile
Great couple of days out of Camp Perry. Had limit Saturday with a personal best 31.5in at 11.5 lbs. Then headed out on Sunday and got another one that went 31in and 12lbs. Had a bunch of big fish mixed in. Our group was 2 short of a 3 person limit.

g

• View Profile
Nice mess of fish. Have never fished out of Camp Perry before. Any trouble spots going out? How far out did you have to go and how deep?

fishingful

• View Profile
we were out about 5 miles in 26 foot but guys are getting them in 22 foot also right before the second crack. It was good when I was there but in the next 10 days I bet it will go to crap.

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Awesome job on the big fish. What lures worked best? We did well on pimples and jigging shads. Seems it didn't matter, when fish came in they would hit what we had on.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

fishingful

• View Profile
We caught fish on a bunch of different lures. Jigging raps, cleos and buck shot rattle spoons. I got most of my fish on a 1/4 oz gold cleo

g

• View Profile
Appreciate the info. May make the trip this weekend and see what's what.

fishingful

• View Profile
Hopefully you can get out. Ice will be a mess. Heard they are getting hammered with snow right now and had rain before it. A guy was in the water for 20 min by PIB yesterday. Guys are pulling their shanty's off the ice. The change I saw last weekend tells me it wont be there much longer.

g

• View Profile
Saw on the weather they are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow but didn't hear about what kind of wind. With temps falling to single digits tonight and below freezing tomorrow, hopefully everything will tighten up enough for the weekend.

fishingful

• View Profile
Think they got 8 with high winds. Should be a nasty mess.

Vexilar