Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Slow fishing 2/23/14

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
I fished the docks from 3:30-6:30pm and only managed one rock bass. I had a saugeye on, but it got off. I went up and down the far east and far west docks and only marked fish near the christmas trees. The night wasn't a total loss though because I got to hear two barred owl do there prototypical "who cooks for you…who cooks for you all…" call for about an hour. Then when I was pulling out of my parking spot a great horned owl flew over my car and landed on a light post right beside me. I end up getting a picture of him with my phone. All in all pretty good night enjoying our natural resources.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Is anyone still fishing Galena or did you venture out on the ice at all from the docks?

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
I didn't see anyone fishing Galena and I didn't venture out because I was fishing by myself. Gotta play it safe.  Their was only one other car in the parking lot and that guy was fishing the docks.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I'm gonna head out tomorrow evening most likely.  Hoping to fish Galena but my backup will be the docks.

barney27

• View Profile
I live in Ashland which is about an hour away I would like to fish galena if its still froze over on sat if anyone knows please post

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
shore ice is real sketchy, bring a plank, once you get out I think you'll be fine, I would definitely use a spud.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar