Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Looking for Clam Nanook

zoeconner · 21 · 15126

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Anyone know where to buy a Nanook? Getting hard to find. Bass Pro and Cabelas are out.
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
bass pro Rossford just got a load of them tonight!!!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Sweet. I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks

www.quickfishtipup.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Curious how much they are selling for these days. 
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Gander Mnt. also have them for $299.00  I bought one this year for Christmas jus got together except last to steps of applying canvas with Screws.  Hope to get out soon. Good luck this year

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You'll enjoy the Clam Nanook whether you're fishing solo or with a partner. It's not heavy in comparison to other makes & models.

It won't wear you out loading/unloading along with hauling it to & from your ice spots.

It offers plenty of elbow room, especially if you're clausterphobic like me.

Let me know of any modifications, improvements etc.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Bass pro didnt get any. I called all the major stores even in ft Wayne. Anyone know little shops I can try? Bass pro at Indian has two but with TG so it's an extra $100. Didn't really want to get that. Would it even be worth it? I can see if I was at the north pole but not around here.

www.quickfishtipup.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Check the Gander Mountain Stores

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Gander Mtn Huber Heights has them. Screws still popping off need to replace Bolts with somthing other than chinese bolts.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My son, Nathan got "OURS" towards the end of last season at Gander Mtn in Twinsburg. So far, we havent had any broken bolt issues. 

I'm doning these modifications:
 -  Longer & Thicker Pull Rope
 -  Eye Bolts, Washes & Carabiners for attaching the rope on "Both Ends"..
    whenever & choose to change depending on the wind direction.
 -  D-rings & Bungy cords on inner tub to keep gear from tipping
 -  Non-Skid strips on inside of tub floor to keep gear from sliding
 -  Runners to protect bottom of tub
 -  Hooks on inner aluminum tubes for hanging coat & other gear.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
sounds like a few creature comforts being added enjoy! I went to Gander Mtn Huber Heights today they had no clam shelters left.  only Frabills.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I bought the clam scout, had several bolts pop off, wrote clam a letter and their reply was nothing more then ,"sorry bout your luck" we had a batch of bad screws but the problem is now solved". Yea right, I still got a 3rd rate shanty and had to get new hardware to put it together. I sent them the pictures and they had no offer in return. I guess next time I'll try a shappell or a frabill.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I bought the clam scout, had several bolts pop off, wrote clam a letter and their reply was nothing more then ,"sorry bout your luck" we had a batch of bad screws but the problem is now solved". Yea right, I still got a 3rd rate shanty and had to get new hardware to put it together. I sent them the pictures and they had no offer in return. I guess next time I'll try a shappell or a frabill.

My Yukon had two left bracketsand was missing the poles, and I broke 7 bolts. They shipped me the parts next day. build date on mine is 12-23-10. So I doubt they fixed the hardware issue. On the Clam box it had an american flag and said made in the U.S.A. but every package inside said China!

Im happy that they too fast action with the parts. Im dissapointed they didnt replace the hardware.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Bass pro called me and put one on hold so I went and picked it up. I put it together and put runners on. Before I put it together I re tapped the nuts. Went together good. Ill be at Blackhawk with the brand new Nanook. ;D

www.quickfishtipup.com

Vexilar